`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't Patch color have document increased value?

Why doesn't Patch color have document increased value?
Case in point:
- I saw a SP Authentic Gold Patch Auto that was 1 Color.
- I have a 2 color Regular 499 run of the same card that I would much rather have it.
I know Beckett can not track every multi color piece of jersey out there, but
Shouldn't there be at least one category for "prime" or "multi colored" with a slight price bump?
Just my thought..
Btw.. The card in question was the Bradford.

RE: Why doesn't Patch color have document increased value?
There is a high and low price, not just a high price. The single colors could fall more toward low book and the multis more toward high book.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

Book Value sucks anyway, I don't think it really matters what that book says

I am currently in the middle of a trade and the card I'm trading for is a patch auto. I was bummed when I saw that the patch was solid white. Uck! At least the auto is nice!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

I usually here this from dealers. I went to a show recently and the guy wanted twice bk because it was a 2 color piece
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Make your own rule
2 color patch 1.5x base
3 color patch 2x base
4 color patch 2.5x base
ect,ect,ect.
Beckett once had an article about this a long time ago when gu came out but I cant remember what volume it was in. They did say more colors the higher demand which in return a higher premium. Maybe they can give a base of some sort but then again maybe not and leave that up to the collectors to decide.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I was thinking the the same thing while looking through some SPA's today. My 2 color Chris johnson has to be worth less than this beautiful 3 color I just got. I guess the High and low value is a good way to look at it, although I see nice patch cards exceeding BV often...
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(06-19-2011, 10:37 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I usually here this from dealers. I went to a show recently and the guy wanted twice bk because it was a 2 color piece
Very true, I have seen lcs owners sting the crap out of customers for multi color cards and if it is a local team, lookout, you are gonna pay thru the nose for it. It is mostly common sense if it is 2clr, it is worth more and so on, but everyone has their own opinions on what card value's are. Especially in trading, the owner thinks it is worth more and the person wanting it wants it for less.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]