`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixed Packs boxes

Mixed Packs boxes
So, For some reason, our local stores no longer sell the clearance on the older cards. they only sell current blaster packs. However, they do have a massive amount of these mixed packs boxes put together by a 3rd company. They advertise as having 16 packs of various different brands. My question is this: are these boxes legit? Or are these packs that were resealed and sold to companies with a teaser card to make them buy the boxes?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: Mixed Packs boxes
Before I went all out with hobby boxes, I started with the mixed pack boxes and have pulled many big ticket cards. Sure there was a lot of filler cards that were worth nothing, but I have pulled autos, low-mid end GU cards, dual GU cards, #d cards, rookies, etc. These types of mix boxes have a risk of tampering, but everything does nowadays. Plus it's fun, you never know what packs might be included within...

Obviously don't go in expecting big pulls, but sometimes you might be surprised.

I saw in my local Wal-Mart they had a few of these and I picked on up because of curiosity, and I was not impressed. They charged $30 for a bunch of packs you could find for $1 at local drug store (3-4 year old OPC, Fleer, ect) and only a couple decent brand packs (artifacts, UD series 1) and some of these packs were so bent and bowed it wasn't even funny. They did throw in a couple jersey cards guaranteed in each box, but they were extremely low end players.

Just my take, other may have had better luck than me.
[Image: Beckett-Banner-temp.jpg]
Theo Peckham PC: 15/60 25% Complete *0 Incoming (1/1's - 01/45)
Adam Oates (Oilers): 04/21 19% Complete *0 Incoming
NHL 2010-11 UD Series: 454/500 90.8% Complete *0 incoming

I have a lot of fun with these boxes. $30 is a cheap box for the "fix" you get from them. You get two GU cards but they are usually low end although my friend and I have pulled many Yzerman GU from them as well.

You usually get lots of decent traders too.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

In one, I pulled a Backstrom (WSH) YG and Andy Greene Hot Prospects Patch Auto. I broke 5 and 4 I was happy with, only one did I do terrible on.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

I used to buy Nascar cards and I remember buying one of those mixed pack boxes once and pulling a Jeff Gordon autograph. They can be good sometimes, but are a big gamble at the same time.

I just bought one of these the other day at Target and did pretty well. I pulled an 06-07 Parkhurst Paul Henderson Auto, a 07-08 Upper Deck Jiri Tlusty Rated Rookies jersey, and a 07-08 (I think) Victory Gold Yanick Hanson rookie card. I was more happy with that $10 than the last box of SP Authentic I bought.

Make sure you DON'T buy the boxes that claim you can maybe find the old vintage packs. A few years ago I bought some and got some great stuff. I saw them again lately at Wal-mart and figured I'd get one. I got 90-91 Pro set, 97-98 Collector's choice packs and a 98-99 Dynagon Ice pack. 90% of all the cards were damaged. The $25 boxes where you get the 2 GU cards are hit & miss. Sometimes you get decent GU or RC (from the packs) but the 2 GU you get aren't worth it. I bought 2 and got the same GU in both :-(
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.