`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with old hockey cards

Help with old hockey cards
My mother in law just found 5 old hockey cards and gave them to me. I don't know if they're worth anything. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea.

1. 1961-62 Gordie Howe with a number 20 on the front and a cartoon on the back.
2. 1961-62 Alex Delvecchio with the number 25 on the front and a cartoon on the back
3. Terry Sawchuck with the number 31 on the front and a cartoon on the back
4. 1961-62 Boom Boom Geoffrion with the number 35 on the front and a cartoon on the back
5. Gordie Howe. I don't know the year but he's in a Red Wings jersey and his autograph is above him. In the background is a large hockey puck. On the back there is his stats and where he's from.
I have a scanner so if anyone would like to see them just send me a message.

Thanks.

RE: Help with old hockey cards
The First four cards are from the 1961-62 Parkhurst hockey set, whereas the 5th one is from the 1962-63 Parkhurst set. They can be quite valuable if they're in good shape. Unfortunately it's against this board's rules to provide specific values, but now that you know the sets, you can do an ebay search and get values yourself.

RE: Help with old hockey cards
To further add to the mystery, and to expand on what cheatinc says, it's POSSIBLE that they may also be reprints. I myself have a couple of Parkhurst Reprints similar to the 61-62 set. The only way for any of us to know for sure would be for you to scan them
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database