`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question? am I out of touch?

RE: Question? am I out of touch?
(06-20-2011, 11:34 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: eBay sales are misleading bro, don't let him con you into that nonsense. eBay is where people either go to buy at ridiculously low prices by accident, or conversely to try and milk the most out of their stuff by shilling the heck out of their own cards. Tell the kid all three cards are selling at the same price, so pick a one-for-one deal, or forget trading with you, if you even want to deal with him, which I couldn't possibly blame you for shying away.
+1

12 cards sell between $85-$100, one sold for $60. Anyone wanting that card will say it sold for $60.. that one time! Ridiculous how people are.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Next thing you know he'd want you to ship first...
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

I have ran into the same thing 2 times now on another site.

I was making a trade wit ha guy, I had 200+ Hawks cards that where his wants. They are worth about $150 and I asked for $50 in trade value back and he still tried to get me to go lower. The hang up on him getting 200 of his wants was a $3 Garnett RC.

Another one wanted to trade some Blues stuff. He wanted my Steen Rookie Threads and I wanted his Steen Ultimate Collection signatures. The sig is worth $15 and my RT is worth $25, he wanted the Rookie Threads and my Tkachuk scoring Kings Jersey card for the auto. Told me that to him a hand signed is worth more than a jersey card, I have 5 hand signed things from Steen the times I have met him but have no Rookie jersey. So then I said ok, how about you trade me you Artifacts Backes Patch/Jersey, still worth less than mine. He then tell me that a patch card is worth more than the jersey that I have and he is not interested in trading a patch card for a rookie jersey card. His only logic was that my stuff was worth less than his cause his is his and mine is mine.

I didn't go through with this either. I think you did the right thing, it is the exact thing that i did too.
PC Players: Halak, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Oshie, Pietrangelo, D'Agostini, A. Steen, & Backes

PLAYERS WANTED: Crosby, P.Roy, Lundqvist, Spezza, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Gretzky, C.Price, Tavares, Stamkos, Nash, Hull, Tkachuk, Arnott and Langenbrunner in Blues uniform

Always up for a trade!!

(06-20-2011, 05:50 PM)lgb cards Wrote: His only logic was that my stuff was worth less than his cause his is his and mine is mine.
I like to call that the "dealer" mentality.

You know when you go to a card shop and the dealer only wants to give you 50% on trades, or when they want to use high BV for their cards but when you want to use it for yours they start spouting off about how they could get it for 1/4 of BV on ebay.

Same sort of thing

Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

(06-20-2011, 05:50 PM)lgb cards Wrote: I have ran into the same thing 2 times now on another site.

I was making a trade wit ha guy, I had 200+ Hawks cards that where his wants. They are worth about $150 and I asked for $50 in trade value back and he still tried to get me to go lower. The hang up on him getting 200 of his wants was a $3 Garnett RC.

Another one wanted to trade some Blues stuff. He wanted my Steen Rookie Threads and I wanted his Steen Ultimate Collection signatures. The sig is worth $15 and my RT is worth $25, he wanted the Rookie Threads and my Tkachuk scoring Kings Jersey card for the auto. Told me that to him a hand signed is worth more than a jersey card, I have 5 hand signed things from Steen the times I have met him but have no Rookie jersey. So then I said ok, how about you trade me you Artifacts Backes Patch/Jersey, still worth less than mine. He then tell me that a patch card is worth more than the jersey that I have and he is not interested in trading a patch card for a rookie jersey card. His only logic was that my stuff was worth less than his cause his is his and mine is mine.

I didn't go through with this either. I think you did the right thing, it is the exact thing that i did too.
Your second story reminds me of people who holds sentimental value. I mean it is cool if someone may value a card higher, but just because you (not you, in general) enjoy it, doesn't mean it magically is worth more. I ran into that problem. Guy had a 30 BV card of Franzen. He wanted 80 BV because it was his first ever hit or something. You can't just move cards in that way, if you value a card that much, and want to move it, you just can't
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]