(Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trade question
06-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Trade question
Hi- On the old site when I would initiate a trade with somebody, all the cards that person had that I was looking for would come up on the list first. This doesn't seem to be the case now, or am I missing something ??
Thanks.

Collecting Baseball - Looking to fill 78' Topps set
[Image: MikeGrady.jpg]
Mike Grady
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
RE: Trade question
(06-18-2011 12:15 PM)grady180 Wrote:  Hi- On the old site when I would initiate a trade with somebody, all the cards that person had that I was looking for would come up on the list first. This doesn't seem to be the case now, or am I missing something ??
Thanks.

No, it is just one of the many features that they have chosen not to implement on the new site. It has been reported, but we don't know if or when it will be implemented.

Collecting Smoltz, Teixeira, Chipper, plus other Braves and Georgia Tech stars (Calvin Johnson, Garciaparra, Varitek, Wieters, Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Morgan, Stephen Hill, Michael Johnson, Jarrett Jack and others)
06-18-2011, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 11:19 PM by thelegendjerryrice.)
(06-18-2011 12:15 PM)grady180 Wrote:  Hi- On the old site when I would initiate a trade with somebody, all the cards that person had that I was looking for would come up on the list first. This doesn't seem to be the case now, or am I missing something ??
Thanks.

Actually thebwd is wrong.

On the new site if you have the cards marked right as wants. They will come up with stars next to them now.
They don't show up at the top, They stay in order.

So if you need a 2000 Topps card. If the other person has THAT card it will be in the 2000 Topps section now.

[Image: thelegendjerryrice_zps1992b230.jpg]
Sig by phinzphan1372

Looking 2 trade all my Basketball..

My PC Threads.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1471539.html
06-19-2011, 05:43 AM
(06-18-2011 11:18 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote:  Actually thebwd is wrong.

On the new site if you have the cards marked right as wants. They will come up with stars next to them now.

So if you need a 2000 Topps card. If the other person has THAT card it will be in the 2000 Topps section now.

Thanks guys. I definitely liked it better the old way.

Collecting Baseball - Looking to fill 78' Topps set
[Image: MikeGrady.jpg]
Mike Grady
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 09:27 PM by thebwd.)
(06-18-2011 11:18 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote:  Actually thebwd is wrong.

The original poster said that on the old site, wants sorted to the top but not on the new site. I said that is right, they don't, because Beckett chose not to implement that feature from the old site. You said I was wrong and then proceeded to agree that they don't sort to the top on the new site. One of us is missing something.

Collecting Smoltz, Teixeira, Chipper, plus other Braves and Georgia Tech stars (Calvin Johnson, Garciaparra, Varitek, Wieters, Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Morgan, Stephen Hill, Michael Johnson, Jarrett Jack and others)
06-19-2011, 11:40 PM
(06-19-2011 09:21 PM)thebwd Wrote:  The original poster said that on the old site, wants sorted to the top but not on the new site. I said that is right, they don't, because Beckett chose not to implement that feature from the old site. You said I was wrong and then proceeded to agree that they don't sort to the top on the new site. One of us is missing something.

The original poster asked at the end of his question if he was missing something and he was, He was missing the fact wants are listed with a Star next to them, "which you didn't mention in your response" Is why I think it was mentioned you were wrong. You failed to address the entire question/post.

2012-13 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 140/140
2013-14 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 1/160
My bucket : http://photobucket.com/home/HockeyCardsPlus
06-20-2011, 01:28 AM
(06-19-2011 11:40 PM)parallelguy Wrote:  The original poster asked at the end of his question if he was missing something and he was, He was missing the fact wants are listed with a Star next to them, "which you didn't mention in your response" Is why I think it was mentioned you were wrong. You failed to address the entire question/post.

It has been reported, but we don't know if or when it will be implemented.

That leads people to believe it will change. And the STAR is the new way. THAT is where you was wrong.

Sig by phinzphan1372

My PC Threads.
06-20-2011, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2011 01:36 AM by thebwd.)
(06-19-2011 11:40 PM)parallelguy Wrote:  The original poster asked at the end of his question if he was missing something and he was, He was missing the fact wants are listed with a Star next to them, "which you didn't mention in your response" Is why I think it was mentioned you were wrong. You failed to address the entire question/post.

I can appreciate that thelegendjerryrice is trying to provide additional help, but there was no need for his direct attack on my factual post. I assumed that the poster's issue was that the wants did not sort to the top, since that is what the post stated was the problem.

Since there were other things that have changed about trading from the old site to the new, I will try and recap the comedy of errors that has gotten us where we are in the hopes that it will provide additional assistance:

The old site had numeric fields for HAVE, WANT, and KEEP, with a check box for TRADE. When moving to the new site, they changed TRADE to a numeric field and put a 1 in it if you had the TRADE box checked on the old site. This caused a lot of problems because all of the cards people marked as WANT in the old site showed as available to trade away. They also chose to ignore the values in HAVE and KEEP, which meant that cards you had reserved for keeping were now showing available for trade and cards that you had multiples of would now only show 1 available for trade. After much complaining from traders, they finally realized that they had made a mistake, so to try and fix it they created a new column called TRADE FOR and changed TRADE to TRADE AWAY. They kept the WANT field, but copied those values into TRADE FOR and stopped using WANT for trading. Now you have to go through your collection and update the TRADE AWAY field to be HAVE minus KEEP manually to have it work like the old site. You also have to make sure that you don't have anything marked HAVE=0 and TRADE AWAY>0, since then you may end up trading away cards you don't actually have.

In short, they ignored the logic and functionality of the previously working trading features of the site and designed a new one "on the fly", causing confusion and loads of unnecessary extra work on the part of the users. That is why I made the original comment out of frustration because things do not work like they used to, and they did not think things through to make sure that whatever design changes they made would not result in users having to re-organize their collections.

(06-20-2011 01:28 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote:  It has been reported, but we don't know if or when it will be implemented.

That leads people to believe it will change. And the STAR is the new way. THAT is where you was wrong.

Why would having the star indicator preclude them from sorting the wants to the top? The star simply replace the old "You want this item" text that used to appear below the card on the trade screen. It has nothing to do with how it sorts.

We have requested that they provide either a way to sort them to the top or a way to filter the results to only show wanted cards, and the mods have passed this on to the developers. I believe that this WILL change, because many have requested this and the mods agreed that it is needed. Before you call someone out as being wrong, you should probably know what you are talking about.

06-20-2011, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2011 02:10 PM by thelegendjerryrice.)
You Answered the OP's Q with what he knew.
And then proceeded to assume because the mods told you they have passed it along means it will change.
I on the other hand answered the OP's Q as the site NOW STANDS.

My comment of saying you was wrong was not meant as a attack. Teachers told you was wrong I am sure when you was a kid. Does that mean they was attacking you also ?

Kinda funny how 2 people think you didn't answer the OP's q right. Then you go even further to "recap" the comedy as you claim. I don't think anything about this thread has been funny.

Like i quoted you before.

No, it is just one of the many features that they have chosen not to implement on the new site. It has been reported, but we don't know if or when it will be implemented.

Quote:Since there were other things that have changed about trading from the old site to the new

WHERE did you answer the OP's Q. YOU didn't. I on the other hand did. The ability to see wants is STILL in the ORG it has just changed. You did NOT tell the OP that !!!!!!!!

designed a new one "on the fly" ?
They took MONTHS to make this site. Maybe with the new code the old site wouldn't work.

Sig by phinzphan1372

My PC Threads.
Thread Closed