`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hall of Fame Discussion...Everyone's Welcomed!!!

RE: Hall of Fame Discussion...Everyone's Welcomed!!!
(06-17-2011, 12:42 PM)shigfrag Wrote: OK, here we go...

Ken Anderson
Ray Guy
Andre Reed
Randall Cunningham
Roger Craig
Chris Doleman
Cris Carter
Tim Brown
Larry Allen
Michael Strahan
Willie Roaf
Warren Sapp
Curtis Martin
Junior Seau
Isaac Bruce
Brett Favre
Marvin Harrison
Alan Faneca
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Tony Gonzalez
Ray Lewis
Orlando Pace
Terrell Owens
Richard Seymour
Champ Bailey
Brian Urlacher
Brian Dawkins
Randy Moss
Ed Reed
Ladainian Tomlinson
Nice to see you saved the best for last. Tongue

(06-17-2011, 09:57 AM)samiamryan Wrote: I know Im biased, but I beleive Terrell Davis should be in. I know he had a short career, but he was the best back, possibly the best player in the game for a few years. 2000 yards rushing in one year, league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 2 Super Bowl rings. He put together the best season in 1998. What more could you ask for. The guy deserves to be in there.
Lots of other running backs in line though that accomplished more. Yes, the stats are great, but I don't really believe in bias (even though I'd be a prime candidate for a bias on this one). That line (Nalen, Schlereth, Tony whats his name, Neil, and one hell of a blocking fullback, Howard Griffith. That's not to say TD didn't earn the numbers, but he had HELP like crazy. Watch another short-careered RB, Gale Sayers, and you'll see a guy doing amazing things all by himself, and watch TD and you'll see a guy that can hit a hole time after time to get the yards.

A running back I think is wrongly overlooked that contributed to many championships is Roger Craig. Also, I'd put Curtis Martin and a possible handful of others (dont have time to go stat digging right now) ahead of TD.

I love my Broncos and loved him in orange and blue, but just don't think there's enough there.
(06-17-2011, 12:52 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Nice to see you saved the best for last. Tongue
HA! It's funny how the names came to me, there's no rhyme or reason to it when it comes to active players, but as I was about to click submit, I had this strong sense that ONE name was definitely missing. Then I saw him in my head pissing me off and making Broncos defenders look stupid, and realized the name I'd forgotten.

(06-17-2011, 12:53 PM)shigfrag Wrote: HA! It's funny how the names came to me, there's no rhyme or reason to it when it comes to active players, but as I was about to click submit, I had this strong sense that ONE name was definitely missing. Then I saw him in my head pissing me off and making Broncos defenders look stupid, and realized the name I'd forgotten.
He made a lot of teams players look stupid over the years. He just got to do it twice a year to you guys is all. Smile

Two more names: Will Shields & Tom Nalen

Kevin Faulk, Freeney, and Brian Dawkins are a few I don't see on the lists.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(06-17-2011, 03:23 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Kevin Faulk, Freeney, and Brian Dawkins are a few I don't see on the lists.
Freeney and B-Dawk should probably get in. IDK about Faulk though.

Ryan Leaf...
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

(06-17-2011, 03:38 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: Ryan Leaf...
[Image: rolleyes.gif]

Alex Karras and Steve McNair Smile

I know I am biased but it is definitely true, Cris Carter should not have been passed up for three years, it's insane. I am not saying that Jerry Rice is not the best of all time because he is, but how much better would Cris Carter have been if Joe Montana and Steve Young were throwing to him?
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/