`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You ship first question

You ship first question
Okay I know I have no reputation and I don't have a problem shipping an item first. Now my oy concern is what to do when I ship someone and they receive the cards and then say,I don't want them? Has that happened to anyone? I wondered if this happens because I'd hate to see someone getting my cards going through them and saying I don't want them or making up a reason to send them back. What does a person do then?

Any help would be great. Also, I understand alot of veteran users want you to send first but what is the line between that? I mean I have nothing to hide and wouldn't mind shipping first or asap. What makes me laugh is people with 10 or less feedback and less than perfect score saying anyone less than 20 ships first. Really, when they aren't near that feedback themselves?

My wife and I sold on ebay for years before leaving due to their crazy fees. I hope to establish good trading relationships with everyone. Before I accept I want to make sure I completely know the how to of it.

Listing new products daily. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: You ship first question
Shipping using delivery confirmation will increase your costs marginally, but will offer you some protection while you are building up your trading rep.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

That once happen to me.... And that was the time i got burned...

I mailed 1st, topps super bowl ticket stubb dual auto favre, bledsoe ....

The guy said the card corner was worn..... Told me he would be mailing it back...

Never heard from him again.... I did seee the card again though online for sale... The owner said he got it from a card show. ...

So....either your'e about to become a statistic...or maybe you should provide better scans.
Hope things work out.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Thanks Scott.

Say you check and it shows they have the cards. Then the person goes through the cards and decides they don't want them or How long does that person have to ship out their end of the cards once they receive mine?
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

It's all personal preference on when somebody ships first. Some say less than 25 has to ship first. I generally use that rule. When I was new, I remember only trading with those who had 50 trades or more and a 4.97 feedback or better until I established myself.

Mainly, if you dont feel comfortable trading with someone regardless of what thier feedback is, don't do it. That saved me a couple times because later on down the road, that person's name popped up as a bad trader.

To answer your first question, reputable traders won't send anything back unless its in worse condition than advertised. Communication is key for good trading. Whatever the problem is, most will do what they can to work it out.
(06-17-2011, 08:07 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: So....either your'e about to become a statistic...or maybe you should provide better scans.
Hope things work out.
Scans always help!! Especially with High BV cards and vintage.
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

I agree with mdavison

I had to ship first in order to establish a good reputation here. I only ask for people with less than 15 to ship first. And even then, if they have traded with traders I know and they leave glowing feedback then I will drop that request.

I received a bad card from a trader, (no longer on here) and he refused
to return my cards or sent a replacement. After what you feel is a reasonable time, ( like 2 weeks), get Floydtown involved. He is one of the best Moderators, especially when helping to resolve a dispute.

Good luck
[Image: scan0002-1.jpg]
I collect Bears,Titans,Cubs,Predators Less than 15 completed trades,
you send first. Min trade value $20
David Price,Sandberg,Ron Santo, Jim McMahon

Another way to start up like i am doing now is to trade low end cards first and save the big ones until you have some good rep. I do base cards and inserts for now.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

We have all been in your shoes shipping first. Here are some basics to help keep you safe.
1. Never trade with anyone under 50 trades until you have 50 yourself. I know it limits your trades but if you have to ship first it keeps you safe.
2. Always check the bad trader list before making a trade and match addresses before shipping.
3. Always DC until you get enough trades to be established here.
4. Expect to ship first until you get to 25.
5. Never ship first to someone with less than 25 feedback (50 is better) and with less feedback than you. If you follow rule 1, this is not an issue.
6. If your unsure ask someone like myself, YankeeEmpire, ceocards, etc if we have traded with that person, we are all happy to help. Any member with 200+ trades may have traded with that guy before or check his feedback and contact a regular who you see has dealt with him before.

Good Luck!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(06-17-2011, 09:46 AM)muz0 Wrote: Another way to start up like i am doing now is to trade low end cards first and save the big ones until you have some good rep. I do base cards and inserts for now.
+1

I started trading base/insert and low end GU cards. Usually under $15 BV for most of my first 10 trades. Once I hit 10-15 successful trades people became more comfortable sending higher end cards back and forth.
[Image: braunsig.png]

(06-17-2011, 09:48 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: We have all been in your shoes shipping first. Here are some basics to help keep you safe.
1. Never trade with anyone under 50 trades until you have 50 yourself. I know it limits your trades but if you have to ship first it keeps you safe.
2. Always check the bad trader list before making a trade and match addresses before shipping.
3. Always DC until you get enough trades to be established here.
4. Expect to ship first until you get to 25.
5. Never ship first to someone with less than 25 feedback (50 is better) and with less feedback than you. If you follow rule 1, this is not an issue.
6. If your unsure ask someone like myself, YankeeEmpire, ceocards, etc if we have traded with that person, we are all happy to help. Any member with 200+ trades may have traded with that guy before or check his feedback and contact a regular who you see has dealt with him before.

Good Luck!
I agree with Derek on this. He pretty much said everything soup to nuts on what you need to do. As for sending cards back i had to do that a few times because they looked like a dog took a sqat on them and they were unacceptable. Be sure you label the condition of your cards as best as possible because this will avoid and confrontations on a unhappy trader receiving cards that were not as described. I had this happen and i know Derek did as well. If you have any questions or you are unsure about a trader Myself,dbroockerd,Mdavison or any of the Mods can assist you. We all traded with hundreds of traders so the chances are we would know how they are.....Good luck and Happy Trading!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]