`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT: Anybody here played pro baseball?

RE: OT: Anybody here played pro baseball?
I did not play any kind of pro ball but I did play 2 years at Sam Houston State University my first 2 years in college in 05 and 06 on a half scholarship. I still play long toss every day with my brother. Baseball has always been in my veins and if I have a son someday, that is the one thing I want to pass on to him.
I did not play any kind of pro ball but I did play my first 2 years in college at Sam Houston State University on a half scholarship.

I still play long toss every day with my brother.

Baseball is in my blood and if I am lucky enough to have a son someday, that is the one thing that I would love to pass on.
I did not play any kind of pro ball but I did play my first 2 years at Sam Houston State University on a half scholarship.

I still play long toss every day with my brother and if I am lucky enough to have a son someday, its the one thing that I would like to pass on.
I never played any pro ball but I did play the first 2 years of college at Sam Houston State University in 05 and 06.

I still play long toss to this day with my brother and if I am lucky enough to have a son someday, this would be the one thing that I would really want to pass on to him.

Went all thru school with ray king and played with him until high school. I do collect him so if you got something I am interested

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

(06-14-2011, 03:53 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I have a great uncle named Taylor Douthit. He played for the cardinals and the cubs and won a Pennant with the cardinals in 1926. I have some cut signatures and a few graded vintage cards of him.

It is about the only baseball I collect, and if you guys are curious they are in my bucket.
If any of you have played historical fantasy/sim baseball on whatifsports.com, you know that Taylor Douthit is a legend over there. He had an incredible range rating for a few season, and was part of a strategy known as A+++++ range. A run-prevention strategy. Anyway it's cool that you were related to him.
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I created basketball cards that were printed and distributed for my high school and a college team. That count? I was on one of them, too.
Skip Schumaker's player page:

http://www.beckett.com/player/skip-schumaker-432022

He's got 14 certified autos...
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I played on the same little league team in Phenix City as Colby Rasmus (center fielder for St. Louis) he was on the B squad or whatever as they were the younger year of our age grouping and I went to school with Bryan Woodall who is now pitching at AA for the D-backs

Also 2 years or so ago Ron Gant was the 1st base coach for my little brothers little league team as his son Ryan played with them
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-14-2011, 05:54 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: my sons baseball coach was an old player for i believe the detroit tigers his name is chet lemon.
Hey, Chet Lemon was my favorite player growing up!

I have a good friend in the Cardinal's farm club right now..He went to spring camp with them and is in AAA right now I believe..His name is Scott McGreggor and pitched for Memphis
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(06-14-2011, 09:25 PM)jimfalbo21 Wrote: If any of you have played historical fantasy/sim baseball on whatifsports.com, you know that Taylor Douthit is a legend over there. He had an incredible range rating for a few season, and was part of a strategy known as A+++++ range. A run-prevention strategy. Anyway it's cool that you were related to him.
I "dout" you can get a "hit" when he's playing. Wow that was lame Smile
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

One of my troops played with Jackie Bradley Jr. He still has friends in contact with him.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

My candy bar used to play for the Yankees. I believe his name was Ruth...Baby Ruth or something
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)