`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT: Anybody here played pro baseball?

OT: Anybody here played pro baseball?
And by that I mean anything, minors, majors, independent leagues, etc. That'd be cool to have a card of yourself, even if it is some obscure minor league company
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

RE: OT: Anybody here played pro baseball?
I played with the Richmond Roosters but never got in a game before I quit. It was just independent ball and I was a relief pitcher even then. I quickly decided that wasn't where I wanted my life to go after college so I went a different direction. Never got a card though.

I never made it past little leagues, lol. I did find out recently a kid I used to play with when we were little was just called up for the San Diego Padres. His name is Logan Forsythe and he plays 2nd base. I noticed this a few weeks ago when they were playing the Braves on tv.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

along the same lines anyone have friends or family that made it to any professional league?
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

i knew skip schumaker fairly well back when he was on the potomac cannons a few years back. i have several autos, game jerseys, bats from him but cant seem to find a auto card of him anywhere

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I have a great uncle named Taylor Douthit. He played for the cardinals and the cubs and won a Pennant with the cardinals in 1926. I have some cut signatures and a few graded vintage cards of him.

It is about the only baseball I collect, and if you guys are curious they are in my bucket.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(06-14-2011, 03:51 PM)p18mann Wrote: i knew skip schumaker fairly well back when he was on the potomac cannons a few years back. i have several autos, game jerseys, bats from him but cant seem to find a auto card of him anywhere
He has one in 2005 Upper Deck. Are you interested in it?
Collecting Rank:

1) Sets
2) Yankees
3) Alex Rodriguez
4) Roy Halladay
5) Mario Encarnacion
6) Mr. Feeny

Didn't know him personally but Jason Heyward went to the same High School that I did. Pretty cool to see a kid from your area make the big time.

(06-14-2011, 03:53 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I have a great uncle named Taylor Douthit. He played for the cardinals and the cubs and won a Pennant with the cardinals in 1926. I have some cut signatures and a few graded vintage cards of him.

It is about the only baseball I collect, and if you guys are curious they are in my bucket.
Oh wow!! One of the Gashouse Gang!! Don't know if you've seen the documentary "When it Was a Game". Has loads of old colour film of the Cardinals and other teams back in the 1920's, 30's and 40's.

(06-14-2011, 03:47 PM)cougarbrent Wrote: along the same lines anyone have friends or family that made it to any professional league?
A distant cousin played for the Yankees in the 60s, though I never met him. I met Ken (or it might have been Bob) Forsch's daughter in a bar a few years ago. My neighbor growing up pitched for a season or two in the majors, but I believe he's in Japan now (Tom Davey). And a guy from my high school (many years after I graduated) was a first round pick a few years ago.