`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New collector starting out, what box should I buy?

RE: New collector starting out, what box should I buy?
(06-09-2011, 01:16 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: im getting a box of 2009 topps unique this week for $85 there are 2 parrellels in a pack i believe and some of those are numbered plus u have a chance to pull some nasty patches
Where did you see a box of Unique for that price? I want one!

EDIT: Nevermind, Blowout cards had it. DAcardworld is practically 15$ higher. Jeez
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

(06-09-2011, 04:49 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: Where did you see a box of Unique for that price? I want one!

EDIT: Nevermind, Blowout cards had it. DAcardworld is practically 15$ higher. Jeez
ya, i didnt order yet, so dont let them sell out, i found it first! Tongue

DA has higher prices then blowout in almost every product. And when they were asked about it, they said something along the lines of blowout searches their product.. I tend to stay away from DACW because they say that.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

If your on a budget i would suggest topps chrome. Tons of parallels and 2 on-card autos/box.
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

(06-09-2011, 06:23 PM)sastahl Wrote: If your on a budget i would suggest topps chrome. Tons of parallels and 2 on-card autos/box.
I am getting a box of that, looks nice, and the price point is awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

If Verlander and Ichiro were my favorite players, I would probably want a box of 2005 Bowman Chrome or 2001 Topps Gallery (at the right price).
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(06-09-2011, 12:41 PM)nuccionino Wrote: So I wanna collect my favorite player, Ichiro, and favorite Tiger, Verlander, base/inserts/numbered. I'd like to get some good traders/PC pulls, what box should I get? Don't need high end, and don't need prospector sets either. So any good box with some hits, parallel's, etc? I see my meijers has Like 2008 Topps series 2 for like 25 bucks, is that a good deal? I am lost, so any help is appreciated.
Hi,
As an example below you can view checklists of what cards are in a set plus all the inserts. I would research which release will have player cards that you want and what else you might get. Hobby boxes will have better inserts vs retail boxes. Thee cklist is for refference purposes & not to endorse any brand or seller, that would of course be your choice.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/baseb...wmanBB.pdf
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I'm new to the site and can't figure out how to post my own questions. Anyway, as a kid I "collected" cards (as a kid does) and I'm wanting to really start collecting. I have had a boat-load of cards given to me (over 1,000 - baseball, football, basketball) recently and want to find out the best way to to do it. I'm mainly into baseball. Do I keep out the BIG players, collect one player or put in complete sets? Some of them are in sets, just out of order and that drives me crazy. If the sets are incomplete do I try to find the missing cards and make them complete the sets?

if you could happen to hit any of my Jose Canseco needs I know I have at least a card or two of Ichiro and possibly Verlander too.