`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA Sucks and Question

RE: PSA Sucks and Question
(06-05-2011, 09:07 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: If PSA 10's get damaged in the holder (which I agree), then why are you buying them in the first place to cross over? I would think you'd just save money purchasing a BGS copy in BGS 8.5 or 9. Doesn't make sense to me to have to spend the extra money for a crossover, especially if you don't like/trust the company/slabs you're purchasing.
B/c, there's some cards that aren't Beckett Graded that I want.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-08-2011, 08:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's not off-centered enough to earn a qualifier

the problem with the water damage isnt just eye appeal, but that it attacks the structure of the card itself
No damage to front. Back is staining maybe from picture album. the front is almost flawless.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(10-08-2011, 06:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: actually, that looks like water damage to both sides of the card, and yes, that does warrant a 1.
Card may have been soaked in a solution, as an attempt to clean it.

(10-07-2011, 11:37 PM)rare unreleased Wrote: You think that's bad.

[Image: monte_irvin_psa1.jpg]
[Image: monte_irvin_psa1b.jpg]

No creases and nothing torn off and a Poor 1 grade.
The card was soaked in a solution to remove scotch tape. At least that is my opinion. This is common but it defaces the integrity of the card making it tampered with and basically guaranteeing a 1 grade.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(10-09-2011, 01:06 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: The card was soaked in a solution to remove scotch tape. At least that is my opinion. This is common but it defaces the integrity of the card making it tampered with and basically guaranteeing a 1 grade.
If that was the case, shouldn't it have come back as altered?

[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]