`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATTENTION: Canadian Postal Strike

RE: ATTENTION: Canadian Postal Strike
(06-16-2011, 09:45 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: This morning I tried to mail some cards to the US. The Post Office employee would not accept the package but sold me stamps, gave me a small packet declaration form and no advice on how to mail it. Spud
Ya I wasn't able to send anything away either.
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

Ditto for me. There were "Temporarily out of service" metal contraptions on the mailbox slots and there was only a sign in my local post office saying "we are no longer accepting mail until strike resolution". This SUCKS!!!!

(06-16-2011, 10:52 AM)powelldu Wrote: Ya I wasn't able to send anything away either.
Go Habs Go!!! Always collecting Montreal Canadiens cards. Especially Price, Roy, Subban and Saku Koivu.

The federal government tabled back-to-work legislation Monday afternoon to end the Canada Post lockout.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/...ntrealHome
[Image: Beckett-Banner-temp.jpg]
Theo Peckham PC: 15/60 25% Complete *0 Incoming (1/1's - 01/45)
Adam Oates (Oilers): 04/21 19% Complete *0 Incoming
NHL 2010-11 UD Series: 454/500 90.8% Complete *0 incoming

Finally, business as usual, for a little bit
PC Players: Halak, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Oshie, Pietrangelo, D'Agostini, A. Steen, & Backes

PLAYERS WANTED: Crosby, P.Roy, Lundqvist, Spezza, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Gretzky, C.Price, Tavares, Stamkos, Nash, Hull, Tkachuk, Arnott and Langenbrunner in Blues uniform

Always up for a trade!!

They tabled legislation, but there may not be a vote on it until Thursday. Could be another week or so before a return to "normal".

ps - That's my not-exactly-in-the-inner-circle-of-it-all understanding of the situation, anyway...

You would be correct. The vote won't occur until mid to late week and of course it will pass (Conservative majority). I wonder what will happen though without a contract. Just because they are legislated back to work and they must do their jobs, I wonder if it will be a work-to-rule scenario like other jobs can be? Not picking any sides in this...I just hope an agreement comes that is worthwhile to both sides.
Toronto Expo Booth #711
http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/...lectibles/
Mailing on Wednesdays