`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever have cards graded? MUST READ THIS
05-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Ever have cards graded? MUST READ THIS
So, I was short on cash and needed some cards graded. Despite them not being my first choice I decided to use Global Authority to get the cards graded. I sent a total of 5 cards, valued at $460 and paid for a 20 day turnaround.

I didn't really expect the card back in 20 days but I figured 4 days to get there, 4 days to get back, and the 20 days for grading, so I though I should get them back in about 30 days form the day I shipped.

Today is day 78 since I shipped, taken 48 days longer than what I figured but more importantly 40 days longer than what I paid for.

Oh no, its doesn't stop there either. I paid to have a card encapsulated knowing they wouldn't grade it but wanted it labeled and encased, they refuse to do so since it is a minors card. Like I said, knew they wouldn't grade it but it didn't say they wouldn't encapsulate it for me. I asked for a refund since they will grade for free and basically they did nothing outside of the free service they offer anyone, they have completely ignored that request and I have not herd anything back on that in 40 days now.

The first excuse was that they moved and my cards should be done shortly, I received that excuse about 38 days ago now, enough time to do a whole new order. I wrote them again and asked what is taking so long now and all I got was "its taking longer than you and me hoped for." I was also told that I was never ignored by anyone despite the email I sent asking questions I never received a response to and that email was sent 32 days ago. Was even told in the last message that he would email me back that day and tell me when I could expect the order, I never received that email and that was 6 days ago now.

The biggest issue to me with all of this is all of the emails, the excuse of moving, the taking longer than I want too, and the non response to the refund issue has ALL came directly from Global Authorities Director of Grading, the person who is the boss of the whole grading operations. If this came from a phone service person I could understand that, maybe they just don't know, but is this really what you would expect from the director of grading from a large company?

I have 2 reasons for posting this thread.

First, Beckett has a lot of great people on here, I have met a ton of really, really good people, and I want to warn this wonderful community to not use this company, the service is horrible and they talk to you like it doesn't matter how long they have YOUR property.

The second is to share the experience but to push a point, like I always do regardless of who it offends or upsets. Us as the people who keep this hobby alive need to not stand for this kind of treatment, just like many have complained about Beckett recently. Global Authority and companies of that nature would not exists if not for US who pour money into or cardboard hobby. If we allow companies to do this then it will continue to happen but if we stand up then it will stop.

I am going to present a list of users to Global Authority that will not stand for the kind of service I received, this is not just for me but for me, for you, and for the hobby, a hobby that we support, love, and make possible.

If I can add your user ID to the list leave a comment saying to add you and once i get a significant list I will send it to them to inform them that these people are the people who pay your salary and will NOT allow you to lie to us and put us off when you are holding our property.

PC Players: Halak, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Oshie, Pietrangelo, D'Agostini, A. Steen, & Backes

PLAYERS WANTED: Crosby, P.Roy, Lundqvist, Spezza, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Gretzky, C.Price, Tavares, Stamkos, Nash, Hull, Tkachuk, Arnott and Langenbrunner in Blues uniform

Always up for a trade!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2011, 12:27 PM
RE: Ever have cards graded? MUST READ THIS
I am also having a problem. Does anyone have a working contact number for GAI? Their listed phone number only allows you to leave a message. It says "if you know your parties extension, enter it now", but no matter what number you enter it immediately puts you to the leave a message. Leaving a courteous message clearly stating the submission number and return phone number doesn't get you anywhere, they've never called me back and they've had the cards for seven weeks now.

Also in trying to find a working number for them today I came across their Better Business Bureau rating for their home office in Iowa.
Here it is cut and paste:
This Business is not BBB Accredited
Global Authority

(888) 424-74992884 Devils Glen Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722
BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating
On a scale of A+ to F
Reason for Rating
BBB Ratings System Overview
http://www.bbb.org/iowa/business-reviews...a-32031908

Please note, to get an F with the BBB you have to really work hard at it. It's not easy to get an F, there has to be something really wrong.
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I am having the exact same problem right now. How is the industry responding to this? Why isnt there better information thats easy to find on the web (and for authoritative sources like Beckett) advising people not to send cards to GAI, given their horrendous track record? Do we have any recourse?

(06-14-2011 12:27 PM)hotfire Wrote:  I am also having a problem. Does anyone have a working contact number for GAI? Their listed phone number only allows you to leave a message. It says "if you know your parties extension, enter it now", but no matter what number you enter it immediately puts you to the leave a message. Leaving a courteous message clearly stating the submission number and return phone number doesn't get you anywhere, they've never called me back and they've had the cards for seven weeks now.

Also in trying to find a working number for them today I came across their Better Business Bureau rating for their home office in Iowa.
Here it is cut and paste:
This Business is not BBB Accredited
Global Authority

(888) 424-74992884 Devils Glen Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722
BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating
On a scale of A+ to F
Reason for Rating
BBB Ratings System Overview
http://www.bbb.org/iowa/business-reviews...a-32031908

Please note, to get an F with the BBB you have to really work hard at it. It's not easy to get an F, there has to be something really wrong.
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
(08-01-2011 01:04 PM)justinrossgoodman Wrote:  I am having the exact same problem right now. How is the industry responding to this? Why isnt there better information thats easy to find on the web (and for authoritative sources like Beckett) advising people not to send cards to GAI, given their horrendous track record? Do we have any recourse?

sounds like a good excuse for a road trip. I am in! Who is with me?

~The resident mafia guy~
05-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Know old thread but, just about every GAI Graded card I sent to SGC, PSA, BGS or BVG has scored lower then GAI and in most case agree with the crossover. Won't but their cards or autographs any more.
10-24-2013, 08:06 PM
What a trip! I wish I seen all these posts before I sent packs for submission. I'm going thru all of the above right now ! What a nightmare.
10-25-2013, 02:49 AM
I have a problem with Beckett Price Guide helping Upper deck screw the collectors. Lets say a card is not going to be printed and autograph, Beckett never raises the book value or puts a none book value or an Asterisk because of none being released. So, Upper Deck can't use a false price that isn't correct cause the book value hasn't been raised to meet the demand because it is not going to be released, then Upper Deck values at a lower value cause Beckett has put a value on it. I have a Bubba Watson/ Dustin Johnson dual.... would of been their first card together... short print... 1:6278 pull... because Beckett has a low value of $130 and never changed it because the card was never produced, they gave us a Dustin Johnson Rookie Card 1/25 valued at $150... I hate to break it Dustin Johnson card isn't worth $50... Beckett is helping Upper Deck to screw people because they aren't keeping up with all the information...
02-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I have to say ive mainly used PSA. but sounds like there both the same.... I actually SUED PSA. don't let any company push you around. once they see that lawsuit cross there desk, you;ll get some answers quick!