`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Quality control issues at Topps

RE: More Quality control issues at Topps
(03-25-2012, 10:21 PM)wthishappening Wrote: Now I just take that $150 I would spend on a box and just buy the exact card I'm hoping to pull!! Not always for more or less but always a realitively cheaper cost than busting packs until I got it. Not only am I a happier collector now...my collection has grown like crazy with great cards.
Thats exactly what I have been doing for awhile now. I have not busted wax for over a year now except for the FREE Finest box I won at my LCS a couple weeks ago. I look back at all the wax I busted when I had a great paying job and shake my head, only to imagine how many more higher end cards I could of added on top of the ones currently in my PC
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I just called topps customer service # to request a replacement for the Henderson, and waited on hold for a long time. Finally an automated message picked up and said that although my call was important to them, due to high volume of calls, my call could not be answered and I was transferred to a voicemail. I can't make this up, I only write it as it happens to me.
Always looking for:
* 2006 Greats of the Game - Baseball
* Derek Jeter RC's, Serial #'d and Game Used
* Yankee Autos

my redemption issues were resolved pretty well. only done a few redemptions however. i think ive submitted 8, 1 a couple weeks ago so not expecting that soon. 5, i got the card i was supposed to. the last 2 worked out very well. submitted a 2007 spx rookie auto max scherzer. took 11 months but got the ryan braun from the same set. other was a 2010 elite chevez clarke base auto, took 7 months but i got a jesse biddle emerald status auto /25
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

If you are upset, buy from another company licensed to sell MLB cards. (Just kidding.)

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-26-2012, 03:46 PM)jonathani Wrote: If you are upset, buy from another company licensed to sell MLB cards. (Just kidding.)

JonathanI
If you think this doesn't happen with unlicensed manufacturers or didn't happen with other licensed manufacturers you're very, very wrong.

Given our simple hobby I'm amazed it doesn't happen much more often actually.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(05-25-2011, 12:29 PM)bigmerz Wrote: As if the boxes of bow shaped chrome cards wasn't enough fun last year, I still decided to stay in the hobby and decided to switch to the Bowman Platinum, I liked their look and they offered some nice high end RC opportunities. I was very pleased to pull a redemption for a Jason Heyward autographed mutli color patch refractor. I entered the code on their site, and they actually shipped fairly quicky, but you can imagine my dissappointment when I received a single swatch (still auto, so a good card) but certainly not the value of a multi color patch. I called their customer service line to see what can be done (ever notice the "greeting" starts with "For any Problems...."). Anyways, I was told that they were aware of the issue, but nothing could be done and they would send me some packs of cards to make up for it. A nice gesture, but again, comparative value is a significant loss to me.
Had the same problem with a Bowman Platinum Strasburg, only when I called the said it was a printing error on the redemption.