`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PayPal Dispute Opinion
05-17-2011, 07:21 PM
PayPal Dispute Opinion
Just wanted a quick opinion. I opened a dispute on an item that was misrouted. First time I've ever had non-receipt of an item. I noticed on the tracking that item was returned to sender/seller. I sent a couple of e-mails, but received no response. Waited 10 days and then opened dispute. Received immediate response that if I ended dispute they would send my items out today. I was going to, but noticed that it couldn't be opened again or escalated to a claim if I closed it. I'm not saying that the seller wouldn't come through, but I don't feel comfortable with it. Anyone with more Paypal experience that could provide insight?

Would you cancel the dispute or wait until your items/money are finally received back? Thanks in advance for the advice.

[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2011, 07:25 PM
RE: PayPal Dispute Opinion
WAIT! Once you cancel it can not be reopened. Wait till you get the cards or your $$.

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I am both a buyer and seller on Ebay. You paid for the cards and he STILL has them. In my opinion he basically says I am holding your cards hostage until you remove the dispute. I say no way, keep the dispute open til you get your cards. I would tell the seller that as well. Good Luck!

BigT

[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.
05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks. Thats pretty much what I figured. Didn't really feel comfortable with the way the response was worded. Platinum Powerseller, or whatever, doesn't really hold much weight to me when my money is on the table.

[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.
05-17-2011, 08:17 PM
(05-17-2011 07:29 PM)chipper4president Wrote:  Thanks. Thats pretty much what I figured. Didn't really feel comfortable with the way the response was worded. Platinum Powerseller, or whatever, doesn't really hold much weight to me when my money is on the table.
I'm with you on this one. If the item was already paid for and it went back to him, why would he wait for you to look for it before sending it back to you? Maybe you should tell him that you are a PLATINUM and a POWERBUYER.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Looking for the Autographed version of this card. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
[Image: 2001AbsoluteMemorabiliaHomeOpenerSouvenirs.jpg]

http://photobucket.com/USN-Retire-05
05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
(05-17-2011 07:28 PM)bigt314 Wrote:  I am both a buyer and seller on Ebay. You paid for the cards and he STILL has them. In my opinion he basically says I am holding your cards hostage until you remove the dispute. I say no way, keep the dispute open til you get your cards. I would tell the seller that as well. Good Luck!

BigT

I 100% agree with BigT
05-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Close dispute when you have the cards (in the condition promised)..and only then. If they come damaged..open the dispute as well..
BTW..what are you going to do about feedback here??

I would not bring that up until I had the cards, but it seems to me that he was going to hose you either way..not return e-mail or keep the cards if you close the dispute/claim..

Do not give in!!!

[Image: mayscopy.jpg]
05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
I've opened a claim before with PayPal for some car parts. After I made a payment, the seller stopped responding to my emails. I assumed that he was ripping me off, so I opened the claim. Later he started replying to my emails and I told him why I opened the claim. He was upset about that and told me he already sent the parts I needed. I responded with telling him, once I receive the goods, I'll cancel the claim.

Well after a few days, I received the parts, I canceled the claim, and he received his money instantly.

I would keep the claim open until everything is sorted out.

Collect GU/AU of Biggio, Berkman, and Oswalt. Also interested in any Astros/Rangers GU/AU cards. Thanks!

Updated: 7/12/2011
Collecting: 2011 Topps Comm Patch, have 37/100
05-21-2011, 04:53 AM
(05-18-2011 05:25 AM)bonds20001 Wrote:  Close dispute when you have the cards (in the condition promised)..and only then. If they come damaged..open the dispute as well..
BTW..what are you going to do about feedback here??

I would not bring that up until I had the cards, but it seems to me that he was going to hose you either way..not return e-mail or keep the cards if you close the dispute/claim..

Do not give in!!!

Don't normally agree with Giants fans, but totally agree here. Keep the dispute open until everything is settled. I have been buying and selling since that site opened, and there is no reason for him to demand closing dispute before shipping item to you...also my suggestion is don't buy from them again.
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
ditto on what chuck said

owes work2832 since nov.

ID- josiahcecil, ebay-jcecil0610, ebay-jmotes1982, chitownsgreatest, mickey7mantle7

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jmotes1982&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

-going by LaceyC on blowout, telling them he doesnt know josiahcecil (banned there now)
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseb...r-etc.html

-ebay account tells the story
feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jmotes1982&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true
Well if you check his "used ID's".. A little over a month ago he changed his ID of jcecil0610 to jmotes1982.