`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autograph fading
04-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Autograph fading
I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.
I have had them on display in an enviromently controlled house and out of direct sunlight.
I have noticed at least 6 of the autographs are fading away. And these are all insert cards.
Anybody have any opinion on what I should do with these to stop the fading? Without putting into a box and storing them.
They are in 4-screw down holders.
I plan to do the same for the SB XLV team - so I don't want to find the stuff faded 15 years down the road

Thanks for any input
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
RE: Autograph fading
(04-30-2011 03:35 PM)ruup4it Wrote:  I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.
I have had them on display in an enviromently controlled house and out of direct sunlight.
I have noticed at least 6 of the autographs are fading away. And these are all insert cards.
Anybody have any opinion on what I should do with these to stop the fading? Without putting into a box and storing them.
I plan to do the same for the SB XLV team - so I don't want to find the stuff faded 15 years down the road

Thanks for any input

Black ink will fade much faster than blue, are they signed in black?

Collecting: Heyward, Harper, Freeman, Jeter, Posey, Strasburg, Ripken, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols
Auto's - GU - Bat,Jsy - Refractors
[Image: banner4.jpg]
08-16-2011, 03:33 PM
(04-30-2011 03:35 PM)ruup4it Wrote:  I have a collection of autographed football cards of all the starting members of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl teams of SB XXXI and XXXII. I obtained most through the mail and in person. For the ones I could not get - I would purchase inserted authentic autograph cards.

Thanks for any input

You do know that green bay didn't win Super Bowl XXXII, don't you?

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
(08-16-2011 03:33 PM)nolan5000 Wrote:  You do know that green bay didn't win Super Bowl XXXII, don't you?

Good, pointed question.

JonathanI

I like career Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Fire, Red Stars, and Sky players in their respective Halls of Fame, in addition to several authors and track athletes. Add to the list some personal favorite lifers from past and present rosters, and the other 35,000 cards in my collection are for you.