`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1st ebay pickups for vintage newb

1st ebay pickups for vintage newb
just got back into collecting after many years away.
I considered collecting new cards but really don't follow the sport anymore.

so i figured vintage was the way to go. was checking out ebay and came across these

never figured i'd own one of these

[Image: kisinger.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and i always loved Nolan Ryan so I decided to get my PC off to a good start

[Image: 75ryan.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

really happy Smile will hopefully post more scans over the next week Smile

RE: 1st ebay pickups for vintage newb
Nice cards. We all know who Ryan is but Kisinger who he?
Heres a little history on the guy for you
Charles Samuel "Rube" Kisinger (December 13, 1876 - July 17, 1941) was a right-handed pitcher in Major League Baseball. Born in Adrian, Michigan, Kisinger played baseball at his hometown Adrian College before signing with the Detroit Tigers. He debuted with the Tigers at the end of the 1902 season on September 10, 1902. As a 25-year-old rookie, Kisinger played in five games (all complete games) and had a record of 2-3 with an ERA of 3.12 (Adjusted ERA+ of 120). In 1903, he appeared in 16 games (including 14 complete games) and had a record of 7-9 with an ERA of 2.96 in 118-2/3 innings pitched. Kisinger played in his last major league game on September 24, 1903. In October 1903, Kisinger was traded by the Tigers with other players to the Buffalo Bisons of the Eastern League for Cy Ferry and Matty McIntyre. According to one history of the Bisons, Kissinger led the Bisons to their first pennant in 1904, described by the author as "a part-time surveyor and coin collector who managed to win 24 games in the betweens." [1] Kisinger also made his only appearance on a baseball card (a T206 baseball card) while playing for Buffalo. He died at age 64 in a train accident in Huron, Ohio while acting as a railroad engineer
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Great start to your vintage pc. You can never go wrong with Nolan Ryan and any T-206 is a good T-206
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Nice, I'm going to start picking up some vintage and sell my new cards except for Reds.

Nice cards. Good luck with your collection!

(03-11-2011, 09:05 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Nice cards. We all know who Ryan is but Kisinger who he?
Heres a little history on the guy for you
Charles Samuel "Rube" Kisinger (December 13, 1876 - July 17, 1941) was a right-handed pitcher in Major League Baseball. Born in Adrian, Michigan, Kisinger played baseball at his hometown Adrian College before signing with the Detroit Tigers. He debuted with the Tigers at the end of the 1902 season on September 10, 1902. As a 25-year-old rookie, Kisinger played in five games (all complete games) and had a record of 2-3 with an ERA of 3.12 (Adjusted ERA+ of 120). In 1903, he appeared in 16 games (including 14 complete games) and had a record of 7-9 with an ERA of 2.96 in 118-2/3 innings pitched. Kisinger played in his last major league game on September 24, 1903. In October 1903, Kisinger was traded by the Tigers with other players to the Buffalo Bisons of the Eastern League for Cy Ferry and Matty McIntyre. According to one history of the Bisons, Kissinger led the Bisons to their first pennant in 1904, described by the author as "a part-time surveyor and coin collector who managed to win 24 games in the betweens." [1] Kisinger also made his only appearance on a baseball card (a T206 baseball card) while playing for Buffalo. He died at age 64 in a train accident in Huron, Ohio while acting as a railroad engineer
I live in Adrian, where Rube was born and this is the first I learned of him. Where did you find all of this information? This is great stuff.