Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Just picked up a 1933 Babe Ruth Rookie

RE: Just picked up a 1933 Babe Ruth Rookie
^ No scan so it is decided
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I am getting tired of all them vintage lies. I think most of it are from kids who are just wanting attn. Although there are those adults who have never grown up and thinks the world owes him something just because he/she is breathing. If you say you have something especially vintage and most people dont know who you are your going to need proof (scan) otherwise after a while with the lies you tell you loose respect and people will remember and then you will wonder why nobody will want to reply to your threads or even want to trade.
lies will lead into trades and then that goes into being a theif.
People may not like what I wrote here. I may get one of those warnings. But to be honest I am just saying what everyone is thinking.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I get tired of all the deception as well but as part of my anxiety treatment, I try to let it roll off my back. God help someone if they ever screw me on purpose though. Then it's anxiety be damned Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(03-04-2011, 09:42 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I am getting tired of all them vintage lies. I think most of it are from kids who are just wanting attn. Although there are those adults who have never grown up and thinks the world owes him something just because he/she is breathing. If you say you have something especially vintage and most people dont know who you are your going to need proof (scan) otherwise after a while with the lies you tell you loose respect and people will remember and then you will wonder why nobody will want to reply to your threads or even want to trade.
lies will lead into trades and then that goes into being a theif.
People may not like what I wrote here. I may get one of those warnings. But to be honest I am just saying what everyone is thinking.
I agree. That's why a Photobucket is a wonderful thing.

(03-04-2011, 11:48 AM)hilfiger1975 Wrote: I agree. That's why a Photobucket is a wonderful thing.
The thing that is getting out of hand in vintage is trimming. Unfortunately, Photobucket will not show that, you have to measure the card. I've received quite a few trimmed cards, and some of them got past me until I sent them for grading. Bottom line is if the raw card condition seems to good to be true, 9 times out of 10 it is trimmed. That's why I almost always buy graded stuff for my vintage PC, unless the corners are worn enough that I'm pretty positive it's not trimmed.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(03-04-2011, 12:39 PM)beatles guy Wrote: The thing that is getting out of hand in vintage is trimming. Unfortunately, Photobucket will not show that, you have to measure the card. I've received quite a few trimmed cards, and some of them got past me until I sent them for grading. Bottom line is if the raw card condition seems to good to be true, 9 times out of 10 it is trimmed. That's why I almost always buy graded stuff for my vintage PC, unless the corners are worn enough that I'm pretty positive it's not trimmed.
I only deal with graded cards because of that reason. Check my bucket all graded.

I can't say that posts like the OP made really bother me at all. As long as it's just a once in awhile occurrence, it is rather amusing to me. It reminds me that I am happy with my life and I don't need to seek attention on a sports card site to feel good about myself.

I would ask though, to anyone who is thinking of ever doing what the OP did, at least be creative and original in your lie. Don't come up with the same type of statements that everyone else in the past who did the same thing said. Ridiculous is great, just be different and amusing about it.

Hi again,
I'm back and sorry for the delay in responding and posting image of the Goudey, Ruth card I posted about. I never had a photobucket account and swat one up after it was recommended for showing the card. So I spent one night trying to figure it out and how to upload image from my phone and gave up after a couple hours. Anways a long story short attempted it again and finally got it. The link to images are posted below. Have to say though, I read the previous posts and upset so many fellow collectors jumped to conclussions there was no misleading....

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445...20Uploads/

[Image: downsized_0316010957.jpg]
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

(03-16-2011, 10:09 AM)seaw0lf Wrote: Hi again,
I'm back and sorry for the delay in responding and posting image of the Goudey, Ruth card I posted about. I never had a photobucket account and swat one up after it was recommended for showing the card. So I spent one night trying to figure it out and how to upload image from my phone and gave up after a couple hours. Anways a long story short attempted it again and finally got it. The link to images are posted below. Have to say though, I read the previous posts and upset so many fellow collectors jumped to conclussions there was no misleading....

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445...20Uploads/

[Image: downsized_0316010957.jpg]
WOW! YOU GOT A STEAL!

Thanks, hilfiger1975 it is deffinately a keeper for the PC.
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/