`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Just picked up a 1933 Babe Ruth Rookie

RE: Just picked up a 1933 Babe Ruth Rookie
(02-27-2011, 10:36 AM)seaw0lf Wrote: Thanks hilfiger1975, I'm very happy with it. I tried uploading an image to photbucket last night, hopefully I'll have better luck today.
Any luck?

Quit teasing us show us the Ruth...LOL

(03-01-2011, 07:26 PM)hilfiger1975 Wrote: Quit teasing us show us the Ruth...LOL
I'm leaning towards him not having it. Seems to be the norm when people come on here and post things like this but are incapable of loading into photobucket (which hasn't had any issues as of late as far as I know) and copying/pasting an [IMG] code.

Additionally, when someone says they drop $2,000 and then asks if they got a good deal? I wonder about a person who forks over that much money apparently not knowing at all what they are buying. There are only two of these cards graded a 5 by BVG.

With that said, I'm probably one of the more cynical people you'll run across. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.
Thumbs Up 
(03-01-2011, 07:26 PM)hilfiger1975 Wrote: Quit teasing us show us the Ruth...LOL
Show us! Show it! Show it to us!

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-01-2011, 07:49 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm leaning towards him not having it. Seems to be the norm when people come on here and post things like this but are incapable of loading into photobucket (which hasn't had any issues as of late as far as I know) and copying/pasting an [IMG] code.

Additionally, when someone says they drop $2,000 and then asks if they got a good deal? I wonder about a person who forks over that much money apparently not knowing at all what they are buying. There are only two of these cards graded a 5 by BVG.

With that said, I'm probably one of the more cynical people you'll run across. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.
I have to agree with my esteemed colleague. And I know that Beckett lists his '33 Goudeys as "RCs" but they are far from the first cards of him issued. I've always had a problem with the "RC" designation that Beckett has established.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

^ They list the 1st licensed card from a baseball card manufacturer as a RC with the older stuff and since the rules changed in 06 it is the players card from their rookie season unless they previously had a RC from 05 or older and in that case the rookie year card is labeled as (RC) which I personally call Second Year Rookie Cards due to a lack of a better term

Seems realistic enough to me but I get where you're coming from on that
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(03-01-2011, 07:49 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm leaning towards him not having it. Seems to be the norm when people come on here and post things like this but are incapable of loading into photobucket (which hasn't had any issues as of late as far as I know) and copying/pasting an [IMG] code.

WHAT??? He doesnt have it? lol... I also like the people who say they drop big coin on a card then have no scanner or cell phone with a camera to get a pic lol...
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(03-02-2011, 03:55 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: ^ They list the 1st licensed card from a baseball card manufacturer as a RC with the older stuff and since the rules changed in 06 it is the players card from their rookie season unless they previously had a RC from 05 or older and in that case the rookie year card is labeled as (RC) which I personally call Second Year Rookie Cards due to a lack of a better term

Seems realistic enough to me but I get where you're coming from on that
I personally beleive his 1915 sporting news is his rc card no matter what Beckett says. He was coming close to the end of his palying days. He retired in 1935.
(03-02-2011, 06:03 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: WHAT??? He doesnt have it? lol... I also like the people who say they drop big coin on a card then have no scanner or cell phone with a camera to get a pic lol...
I know your talking about me. LOL Smile
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

^ I get what you're saying Wayne but in that same instance I would have to consider a 1990 Classic as Chipper Jones RC and that isn't the case so I guess I just go with the constant
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

This is really turning into something "Special"....lol