`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-206 set update (baseball) 1909-1911

RE: T-206 set update (baseball) 1909-1911
(07-17-2011, 03:41 PM)sevans1979 Wrote: WOW! Impressive! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, and your welcome
(07-17-2011, 06:34 PM)mik253 Wrote: excellent update, glad to see you still plugging away at it.
Thanks but, not as fast I would like too. Now that most of the year is over I still need 14 more to reach my goal. So I am now gearing up for it.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I have one that I beleive is from that set that I didnt see in your collection. I picked this up at an antique mall. If you need it, Im sure we can work something out. If no, let me know anything you may know about it. The name is Lattimore, Toledo. Says on the back Piedmont 350 Subjects Base Ball Series. The Cigarette of Quality.

[Image: scan0005.jpg]
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Totally unreal. Stay on it, and keep up with the updates.!!
Insert Banner.

(07-17-2011, 10:14 PM)samiamryan Wrote: I have one that I beleive is from that set that I didnt see in your collection. I picked this up at an antique mall. If you need it, Im sure we can work something out. If no, let me know anything you may know about it. The name is Lattimore, Toledo. Says on the back Piedmont 350 Subjects Base Ball Series. The Cigarette of Quality.

[Image: scan0005.jpg]
It is a William Lattimore from the minor leagues or you could say a rookie. I do have that one sorry I wish I did. . It is part of the T-206 collection. He only played in 4 games for the Cleveland Naps

Born: May 25, 1884 in Roxton, TX (All Transactions)
Debut: April 17, 1908
Team: Naps 1908

Final Game: May 28, 1908
Died: October 30, 1919 in Colorado Springs, CO (Aged 35)
Buried: Evergreen Cemetery, Paris, TX

(07-17-2011, 10:17 PM)itsdagooch Wrote: Totally unreal. Stay on it, and keep up with the updates.!!
I will keep it updated and when I need 75 more I will start a new thread and updated pics with the cards in order.

I know it is baseball in a football forum but I thought everyone would like to see the set that started all of this collecting.

Those. Are. Filthy.

(07-18-2011, 12:13 AM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Those. Are. Filthy.
well if I was 100+ years old I would be a little dirty too. Along with a few rounded corners, wrinkles, and probley a couple of tears.

Thanks for pointing that out to me LOL

I posted my 1957 Topps football set tonight, and this set makes mine look disgusting. Cards like this is EXACTLY what the hobby should be about. Awesome stuff!!!

A couple questions... Why all the card numbers that say, Not Part of Set, and what's with the fake?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(07-18-2011, 12:28 AM)all day baby Wrote: I posted my 1957 Topps football set tonight, and this set makes mine look disgusting. Cards like this is EXACTLY what the hobby should be about. Awesome stuff!!!

A couple questions... Why all the card numbers that say, Not Part of Set, and what's with the fake?
Beckett does not see 8 of them as part of the set because they are so scarce. Like the Honus Wagner in poor condition it will still bring 8 figures and their is something like 52 of them know to exsist. Plank is another on and in excellent condition it will fetch higher than 50gs. and some others are even scarcer.

For the fake I looked at it long and hard on both of them For the Maggie error it os on the wrong stock. and the Polar Bear on the back should be bold and black but in this case it is very faded. another way to look at the maggie is the portrait should be smooth in collor but the fake is very distict and when looking under a magnifing glass they are circles present which is not possible in that day of age.
I got the fake in the large collection and I will never be able to afford a real one so I put it in there just to coverup the bare spot. I really didnt want to go with a reprint for it wouldnt look right. Putting reprints with the set. But then again a fake doesnt look good either.

Glad to see you around

Awesome cards...

How long have you been on this mission to complete the set? Is there one certain place that you have received more cards from and if so about how many cards have you received from them? If you don't mind saying what is the most you have paid for one card? Thanks and thanks for sharing...Rick
My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...

(07-18-2011, 12:39 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Beckett does not see 8 of them as part of the set because they are so scarce. Like the Honus Wagner in poor condition it will still bring 8 figures and their is something like 52 of them know to exsist. Plank is another on and in excellent condition it will fetch higher than 50gs. and some others are even scarcer.
Duh... I just didn't put the two together. That makes sense.

(07-18-2011, 12:39 AM)waynetalger Wrote: For the fake I looked at it long and hard on both of them For the Maggie error it os on the wrong stock. and the Polar Bear on the back should be bold and black but in this case it is very faded. another way to look at the maggie is the portrait should be smooth in collor but the fake is very distict and when looking under a magnifing glass they are circles present which is not possible in that day of age.
I got the fake in the large collection and I will never be able to afford a real one so I put it in there just to coverup the bare spot. I really didnt want to go with a reprint for it wouldnt look right. Putting reprints with the set. But then again a fake doesnt look good either.

Glad to see you around
Yeah, I understand what you mean. There are a couple cards I want to replace in my 57 set due to miscuts or corner wear, but they will be in my set until I find replacements.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed