`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-206 set update (baseball) 1909-1911

RE: T-206 set update (baseball) 1909-1911
absolutely mind blowing set bud !!! glad to see you're still at finishing the set Smile

(07-18-2011, 05:54 AM)pbean Wrote: absolutely mind blowing set bud !!! glad to see you're still at finishing the set Smile
Thanks bud. Its been a daunting task

(07-18-2011, 12:50 AM)ny sports teams Wrote: Awesome cards...

How long have you been on this mission to complete the set? Is there one certain place that you have received more cards from and if so about how many cards have you received from them? If you don't mind saying what is the most you have paid for one card? Thanks and thanks for sharing...Rick
Since 2003. I have been working on the set. I picked up most of them in a collection sight unseen. The man was getting devorced and his wife wanted them so he sold them to my mom (she didnt know what she was looking at really) I had the extra money so I bought it. It had over 200 differnt ones so at that point I told myself to finish the set or at least try to. I am hoping to be one of a few to have the complete set. My LCSs call me everytime someone brings one in and ask info about the card. I seen reprints, old reprints, and down right fakes so they call me to look at them. We have a little signal between each other to say I need it or not after I look at the card.

PS in that big collection There was a 1914 Honus Wagner I still have and a Nap Lajoie I got graded. corners were 9 edges were 8.5 and the surface was a 5. But still a real deal.

Know that my area has been picked over I go to card shops when I am traveling or check e-bay to get graded ones and sometimes ungraded ones if the seller gives money back if not satisfied. I had to return about 8-10 of them because they were the older reprints on thicker card stock
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

There is a card and coin store here in Appleton, Wi I checked out a few months ago and saw he had quite a few of these. PM if you would be interested in there phone number.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Wayne, have you thought about saving up on the side for the more expensive ones such as the Doyle, Wagner, and the other big ones?
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(07-18-2011, 06:47 PM)samiamryan Wrote: There is a card and coin store here in Appleton, Wi I checked out a few months ago and saw he had quite a few of these. PM if you would be interested in there phone number.
PM on the way. But I would like to see scans to check for the obvious stuff to make sure they are not a reprint or fake
Thanks
(07-18-2011, 06:53 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Wayne, have you thought about saving up on the side for the more expensive ones such as the Doyle, Wagner, and the other big ones?
Yes I will be saving up for the 4 cobbs, Johson, and players like that. The Honus Wagner is way out of my league anlong with Plank, These are just 2 that are not considered as part of the set due to scarcity.

2 more for the set. The scratches are on the case not the card itself.

[Image: julyp2d.jpg]

Wow Wayne, these are great!

I'm not a huge vintage fan, but how can you not like these?? Keep 'em coming! (and win the lottery so you can finish it up!!) Wink
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-30-2011, 12:53 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Wow Wayne, these are great!

I'm not a huge vintage fan, but how can you not like these?? Keep 'em coming! (and win the lottery so you can finish it up!!) Wink
Thanks Wendy. Sad thing is I dont play the lottery so I will have to make my millions the old fashion way.LOL

I will keep posting here with updates Probley everytime I get some updates in.

(07-30-2011, 12:56 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Thanks Wendy. Sad thing is I dont play the lottery so I will have to make my millions the old fashion way.LOL

I will keep posting here with updates Probley everytime I get some updates in.
Fair enough! Wink I'll cross my fingers that you've got enough saved up the next time one of your big 7 hits the bay!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos