`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS graded card investor price guide is cancelled

Just got what i thought was my graded card investor price guide in the mail today but it turned out to be a sports card monthly. Had a note saying due to rising printing cost and low subscription rates they will no longer be printing the graded price guide. (boo) I quickly called and asked for a refund because the sports card monthly doesn't interest me as a baseball card fan only and already have a subscription to the baseball price guide. Kinda bummed as i enjoyed the slab guide.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Oh how infuriating. It's the only print version I'm currently subscribing to as well also! Boo! Hiss! Jeer! Get off your knees ref you're blowing the game!

I really feel kind of empty on this. I REALLY liked the articles they'd publish in here and well duh the price guide. Especially since I'm a 2 sport collector (Mostly football with some baseball) and with my lady being a basketball fan I have a 3rd sport to monitor also. It was good to have it in one concise magazine.

And I felt they were pretty fair with pricing PSA, SGC, and BGS together. Guess I'm not renewing that subscription.

I wonder if they'll do anymore releasing of market pricing on graded cards in the future.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Y2Hood Wrote:Oh how infuriating. It's the only print version I'm currently subscribing to as well also! Boo! Hiss! Jeer! Get off your knees ref you're blowing the game!

I really feel kind of empty on this. I REALLY liked the articles they'd publish in here and well duh the price guide. Especially since I'm a 2 sport collector (Mostly football with some baseball) and with my lady being a basketball fan I have a 3rd sport to monitor also. It was good to have it in one concise magazine.

And I felt they were pretty fair with pricing PSA, SGC, and BGS together. Guess I'm not renewing that subscription.

This really sucks. I too enjoyed the Graded Card Investor, along with the articles. I used to buy it from my nearest card shop and the store owner told that me that he wasn't sure but suspected that they discontinued it since they weren't sending it to him anymore. I guess this confirms it.

I wonder if they'll do anymore releasing of market pricing on graded cards in the future.

[Image: MickSig.jpg]

does the online priceguide price graded cards?
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

crossada Wrote:does the online priceguide price graded cards?

Nope
[Image: MickSig.jpg]

So apparently, according to the letter I got yesterday from Beckett, the replacement magazine will also start carrying features on Graded cards. I guess they'll just have to expand it to allocate the room and only do a VERY brief synopsis?

I'm paying $54 a year for the price guide I want online. I don't need the mailed one. I'm not even going to bother with the partial refund since I'm towards the end of my subscription term anyway.

Hobby instagram

Hi,
I too used to receive the Graded Card Investor, and enjoyed the wide range of cards (across all sports) it provided. So if Beckett is not going to make the magazine b/c of print costs (which I can understand), and they don't currently provide this service via the online guide (I am new to this site but saw this commented in another posting), then where can we get this information going forward? Are we supposed to just rely on a HI raw grade and then add some premium to that value (i.e. whatever the market will give)? This seems like we are going backwards here. I am really surprised Beckett is not providing this service online, and just charging a little more to subscriptions for it (I would pay for it online). Am I not understanding this right? Thanks

BECKETT - what is up with this ?

I have some new graded cards coming in tomorrow. The email I got to inform me that my order was ready informed me that I could subscribe to Graded Card Investor.

I thumbed my nose at my screen.

Hobby instagram

RE: BGS graded card investor price guide is cancelled
I'm normally pretty good about not being a cranky malcontent. However I received an email today that they are apparently bringing it back in annual form.

Dear Beckett Grading Customer,

Have you been searching on how much your graded cards are worth? We finally got the Book you are waiting for.
For $19.95 per copy and $3 shipping Only.
If you’d want to Purchase this must have Price guide, Please call 9724489188 and Request for Extension # 2765
[Image: image001-1.jpg]
Upfront payments only are entertained.
This will be shipped out by December. Call now before you’d ran out of copies.
Please call 9724489188 and Request for Extension # 2765
I copied word for word to see if anyone else sees anything peculiar because I'm not convinced this is a legit email anyway.

I couldn't help myself. I hit reply and let the person know that this wasn't going to happen. I expressed my dismay that my previous subscription was canceled and now they're bringing it back as a book. I just feel like we have the option for monthly, annual, or both on everything else.

I don't know, it just hit a nerve. I'll be over in the morning Tongue

Hobby instagram

RE: BGS graded card investor price guide is cancelled
I tried the online price guide for a while but after months of never seeing prices change or get updated I cancelled my online subscription. You might pay by the month but it certainly does not update by the month!