`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duo Autographs (just a couple)

The 1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duos set contains a 10 card set featuring 2 rookies from that year on the front and back of each card; the autographed version noted above is the parallel set featuring a signature of one of the two players on one side of the card while an authentication sticker is on the other side. The OPG recognizes that 16 of the possible 20 (10 x 2) autographed cards in this small parallel autographed set exists.

18 different players are featured in this set meaning that 2 players are featured twice, Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter. The OPG recognizes that only 1 version exists for each player in this set but that is wrong (one of the Collins shown below belongs to ginge01 - I hope your cool about that if your still out there ginge01, I used his example since mine does not have a serial number):
[Image: Bradyintlfront_zps2eba00e3.jpg][Image: _572_zps2850d7ba.jpg][Image: _5726_zpsda2f680f.jpg][Image: scan0011_zps51a1beb2.jpg]
The players on the backsides of the cards listed above, from top to bottom, are Kyle Brady, Steve McNair, Rashaan Salaam, and Kevin Carter, respectively. So, that means this confirms that there are 18 instead of just 16 parallel autographed cards from this set that exists.

The 2 remaining autographed parallels not listed are those of Warren Sapp and James A. Smith, however I was not able to find either of those so it is perfectly plausible that those 2 never signed any so neither of those should be listed anyway. Now if later either or both are later discovered than that is a different story...

Since I am on this topic I want to run a couple things by the Beckett staff in case anyone is reading this.
1. At least a couple of the print runs are listed incorrectly. The Ki-Jana Carter listing states that only 400 exist, but as can be seen abpve both are numbered to 600. The Kyle Brady reads 242 but every one that I have seen is numbered to 300. These are minor errors that I am not too worried about though.
2. Only one autographed card is listed for each player checklist. In other words, if you take the two versions of the Collins/McNair auto cards for example, the Collins auto is listed underneath the Collins checklist but not the McNair one. Conversely, the McNair auto version is under the McNair checklist but not the Coillins autographed one. Technically both are listed in the OPG anyway, but I think both versions should be listed under the checklist of each player IMHO.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 08-10-2014, 03:31 PM