`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
1995 Signature Rookies Phone Cards

I originally discussed these a little on page 9 of this thread, but I now have a little more information than I did prior.

These have been a mystery to me for years now for a number of reasons. I have no idea how they were issued, what the full checklist is or why one version has a "Card World" logo on the front and back while the other one does not.

In all there are two main base variations and an autographed version as well numbered to 125. Both of the base versions have different player numeric numbering. Some of the phone cards have a clear background behind the player names while the others have a "yellow-orange" background behind the lettering. The latter cards are numbered with a CW prefix followed by the card number and also have the "Card World" logos. What is odd is that four of the five autographed versions that I can confirm to exist feature three players from one set while just one is from the other (Carter with the clear letter background). I believe at this time Rashaan Salaam is featured in only one of these sets and did not autograph any either.

Below are random photos of these cards in question. Some I own while others were found online. Some of the same phone cards are shown more than once. I will provide an updated checklist below the provided examples.

[Image: scan0009_zpsb36621c3.jpg][Image: 13867_zps0f514dcf.jpg][Image: scan0010_zps6a8defcb.jpg][Image: e371b265-47e9-43a2-bf0c-531103257696_zpsa7322468.jpg][Image: KGrHqNHJFIFEyEpCkOQBRM7CF8Nw60_57_zpse641edce.jpg]

Set 1 (clear):

1 Rashaan Salaam
2-3 Michael Westbrook (exists - not sure of number), Steve McNair (believe it exists but not certain)
4 Ki-Jana Carter
5 Kerry Collins

Set 2 ("yellow-orange"):

CW1 Carter
CW2 Westbrook (believe it exists but not certain)
CW3 McNair (believe it exists but not certain)
CW4 Collins

Autographed:

CW2 Westbrook
CW3 McNair
CW4 Collins
4 Carter
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 07-29-2014, 03:21 PM