`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-14-2014, 10:28 PM)mbostick Wrote: The card on the plate shown, is part of the plate and I don't think Classic made the card in a different fashion. You can bet they did make a Marino plate though...lol.

Here is another unlisted card, which Marino likely has one of also....

1996 Topps Gilt Edge #55 Steve Young and 1996 Topps Gilt Edge #55 Steve Young Platinum.

If we call the Platinum the parallel, I have the two cards flipped around below, with the Platinum and then the normal (Gold). Beside the normal gold is one with a smaller and not filled in gold Topps Gilt logo. One of the bigger Steve Young collections was sold years ago and I notice it had this variation, so I don't take credit. I found this one on COMC later. (The backs are shown to show neither is the promo card).

I am wondering if the later came in factory sets, as they are not all exactly the same size.

[Image: 1996ToppsGilt55SY01a_zps05fa10df.jpg]

[Image: 1996ToppsGilt55SY01b_zpsd44270e2.jpg]
This I can help you out with... the open logo is the promo card even though it isn't listed as such. If you are lucky enough to find a promo pack you'll see they all carry that logo with no promo markings. As to the size, promo cards are often different and in the case of gilt cards, they're ALL over the map. I've had PSA send a bunch back for being below min size and even one that was "trimmed"... Laughed MAO ... on a gold edged card??? really?

(07-16-2014, 12:52 PM)mbostick Wrote: Thanks for the note Peter, I will note it in my files. I would consider sending in any card signed by McCown as damaged also....lol.

LOL... exact same thing I was thinking. I've told many a seller that they will almost have to give me the card thanks to that McNown auto... same goes for all the Marino / Couch cards. I remember an Ebay listing for an Old School / New School Marino card that read "Card in amazing shape and features HOF'er Dan Marino and Tim Couch (sorry)" Hilarious.

#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by no1dolphan - 07-17-2014, 03:53 AM