`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(03-18-2011, 01:09 AM)ginge01 Wrote: I love this thread, here is my two cents on these cards, I shall talk about my New York Jets cards associated with these die cast cars.

You have the 1999 Fleer White Rose, the Jets had Vinny Testaverde.
The regular Fleer Tradition card for Testaverde was #243, all cards in the set had red foil.
The White Rose Testaverde card was #25, it has gold foil.

2001 Ultra #289 Santana Moss with Holofoil, #ed to 2499
Ultra 32 of 38 Santana Moss with dull gold foil

2002 Ultra #199 Curtis Martin with Holofoil
Ultra #25 Curtis Martin dull gold foil

2003 Ultra #5 Chad Pennington, same card for Ultra and White Rose
2004 Ultra #98 Chad Pennington, same card for Ultra and White Rose
2005 Ultra #27 Curtis Martin, same card for Ultra and White Rose

2006 Upper Deck was inserting unique Die Cast cards after the collapse of Fleer who were bought by Upper Deck.
DC28 Jonathan Vilma, Different car for Vilma & D'Brick
RDC4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Rookie set)

2007 Upper Deck
DCC84 Chad Pennington, Ford SVT Adrenalin car painted green
DCC85 Laveranues Coles, Ford SVT Adrenalin car painted white

2008 Upper Deck
DC39 Thomas Jones, Green 1967 Ford Mustang
DC40 Kellen Clemens, White 1967 Ford Mustang
DC04 Vernon Gholston, Green Ford SVT

2009 Score Regular Mark Sanchez #370 or Thomas Jones #208 card
2010 Prestige, Regular cards of either #135 Darrelle Revis, #138 Mark Sanchez or #139 Shonn Greene with a car.
Did you rip open those packages yourself to get to those cards? LOL
I think when mine arrives I am just going to leave it as is and display it with all my other non-card collectibles.

I did not think about comparing the foil colors of my 1999 Fleer cards to the one featured in the picture.

So what you are explaining here is that the '99 Fleer, '01 Ultra and '02 Ultra "car cards" all have variations from the respective traditional base sets while the other examples of "car cards" from later years that you have given are not variations. Thanks for expounding further on this specific topic, ginge01. These should all be added to the OPG and the annual Beckett price guides as far as I am concerned.

As far as I know only the 2001 Ultra set is listed, that is unless these other collectibles are classified under a different heading.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 03-18-2011, 10:49 PM