`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
(10-05-2016, 02:27 AM)jaderock Wrote: Thanks coltsfan and djohn! I never seen problems with lucite screw-downs before this one. Rather I knew of problems with regular screwdowns where the card thicker than the holder.
The problems usually stem from someone not using a penny sleeve inside the holder and over-tightening the screws. Sometimes even using a penny sleeve won't prevent damage if the screws are too tight. It's one reason they started adding the recesses in the holders to fit the cards, but if the cards are thicker than the recess it doesn't prevent the same thing from happening.
I learned the hard way, as I had a Dan Marino rookie in a similar holder since I got it back in 1990. The card had perfect centering and corners, so a few years ago I went to take it out and send it in for grading only to find that some of the ink had attached itself to the holder thus ruining the surface of the card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by djohn - 10-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by #1 Peyton Manning Collector - 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Dhenderson19(Auto Mem Collector) - 02-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Lennox.p ( No.1 Keyshawn Johnson Fan ) - 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM