`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
jacksoncoupage Wrote:I just got through looking at your Butler collection. It's amazing and it shows me there are several Ventura/Sax cards I need to locate, particularly those Finest-no cardboard versions (I have a Fullmer). Do you have a source on a lot of this and the Topps proof/double-sided stuff?

If you have doubles of Butler's 1991 Topps Traded, check to see if you have the gray cardstock versions. They were found in wax and use Topps' old cardstock - they also can be found in * or ** versions. I should have the ** ones if you need.

Does Butler have a 1985 Topps Mini proof?

To be honest, this thread has been one the best sources I've had. There's a similar thread over on the PSA boards that Thrill22 & I have posted on, but there's minimal interest over there. I've learned quite a bit over the last week on this thread. I've been collecting Butler's cards for the past 12 years or so, and most of my oddballs I've picked up here & there from either (mostly) eBay, the Oddball Mall, Southpaw Cards, and other dealers. It's been a very slow process, as I'm sure you know. Other advanced player collectors like the Mark Grace guy, Trill22 and others I'm sure will agree. At one time I had a typed out list of Butler stuff that a dealer sent me that had loads of obscure stuff - I need to try to find that thing. I also used to read the usenet boards quite a bit years ago and picked up a few things there.

My '91 Topps Traded have the traditional pink backs. If you've got some with regular card stock, I'd be very interested in an examples you can dig up.

As for the '85 mini proofs, according to my '05 Standard Catalog, Butler wasn't in the set.

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by TNP777 - 02-21-2008, 02:11 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM