`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards

RE: Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards
(12-06-2012, 02:15 AM)nthnoak Wrote: holy hell. those bv's are insane. i would have never guessed that, especially for a card of him in a chiefs uni. id have a hard time believing these actually sold for anywhere near that amount. i mean am i missing something here? other than being rare, what makes these cards appealing to be valued that high?
In 2000 Kingdom collectibles was contacted by 2 woman, one was the neighbors of joe Montana and these 2 woman were dedicated to putting together 2 complete collections of Montana cards for his 2 kids. Kingdom ended up selling them a pair of each for $4000. Their sister company www.idealcollectsbles.com on 2/23/01 put one up on eBay item #1116076632, there were 18 bidders, and it ended at $1025, but did not meet the reserve. On Labor Day that year kingdom sold a pair at the SF Labor Day show for $2500. I believe they are the rarest of all Montana cards and only 12 people in the world will be able to own one which creates a demand. There are many basketball cards that have greater quantities that are selling for $10000-50,000. Simple supply vs demand...cheers...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards - by Johnybgud - 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM