`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Gee Whiz questions about Master Sets

Gee Whiz questions about Master Sets
The thought crossed my mind the other day about trying to collect a master set. I don't know which set or even if I'll do it, but I'm curious to see what you think about a few questions that I have about master sets.

1) I always believed that a master set was one of every card (main, variations, SPs, parallels, inserts, etc.) that was produced for that set. The problem nowadays is that there is at least one 1/1 parallel in every set. Topps's base set has six 1/1 parallels (platinum, wood, 4 printing plates) without counting the Golden Moments 1/1s. Where do you draw the line at what to include in a "master set"?

2) Would you include any of the Golden Moments redemption cards?

3) How about with variations? Obviously there are more out there than the 1/1, but how short-printed do you think they are?

4) Would you include autos and relics? What would you do when you get to parallel inserts like red ink vs. blue ink (blue being the "base" auto)?

I get there are some sets that you couldn't build a master set -- high end, auto/relic driven sets for example. I've seen some folks on the boards trying to collect master sets of Chrome, A&G and GQ. Anyone trying for a master set of something else?

Thanks!
Set Builder but also looking for Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Duncan Keith for my PC.

Messages In This Thread
Gee Whiz questions about Master Sets - by krmeister - 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM