`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts?
10-03-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 06:18 PM by nyyankeesfan28.)
RE: OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts?
(10-01-2012 09:47 PM)stera8 Wrote:  for the past month!

and I love the new format...I love the one game format because as a yankees gan WE NEED THE AL EAST... I don't feel comfortable in a one game playoff. It makes the playoffs more exciting and allows for a "cinderella" team. Also usually AL east is dominate and in years past Boston and Tampa Bay (when the yanks took the East) would be two amazing teams that were better than the leaders of the Central and West...so I like it a lot

I know, right! Agree with you completely. Yeah that one game playoff scares me so bad. It is exciting for sure, but I don't want the Yankees in there. I liked our ten game lead June-July a lot better. Ah, the good ole' days
(10-02-2012 07:02 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote:  Some things I've noticed about the format is that it gives an advantage to the winners of the divisions (although I personally don't think the Tigers deserve it this year, no offence to Tigers fans) but also an advantage to the WC winners in the WC showdown since they're able to construct a different roster than the one they'll use to compete in the AL/NLDS, meaning that I expect the Braves, Cardinals, Athletics & Orioles (or Yankees, hopefully not) to have their lineups filled with relief pitchers in the showdown. I also expect the traveling schedule for the team that has to face the WC showdown winners to be hectic as well since they won't know who they're facing and where they're facing them (WCSD winners get home field advantage for first 3, I think, games of AL/NLDS) until the 1 WC game is done.

My personal opinion of the new format will come down to this:
*If the Yankees end up being the AL WC this year & lose to the Athletics (or possibly Rangers) then I'll hate it for all eternity.
*If the Yankees don't end up the WC, I'll enjoy the WC game as a casual baseball fan, look back at the season in November and appreciate the new format for all the excitement it's given to me in the month of September and look foward to the thrills again next year.
I'm a very simple person Big Grin.

Totally agree with that last part Smile
(10-03-2012 06:14 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote:  I know, right! Agree with you completely. Yeah that one game playoff scares me so bad. It is exciting for sure, but I don't want the Yankees in there. I liked our ten game lead June-July a lot better. Ah, the good ole' days

Totally agree with that last part Smile If the Yankees win AL East I'll love, if they go to Wild Card game I'll hate it.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts? - nyyankeesfan28 - 10-03-2012 06:14 PM