`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE!

RE: 2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE!
(09-24-2012, 09:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I had my suspicions about this product after another member busted a hobby box.

Well, they had retail at my LWM tonight, so I grabbed a blaster and two rack packs.

I always bust the rack packs first, so I'll get to those first.

In two rack packs, I received ... two rookies. Total.

One was Terrence Jones (12-13 rookie) and one was ... Lavoy Allen (11-12 rookie).

No hits, no inserts, nothing.

On to the blaster ... one rookie per pack, meaning since there are two rookie classes you have half as good a chance as you normally do to get a good player.

The best card in the entire bust ... Derrick Williams, Timberwolves (I'm actually a fan of his, so this kind of saved the bust for me.)

Weird note: I got rookies of Fab Melo and the aforementioned Jones in action shots in their new uniforms, but guys like Meyers Leonard and Quincy Acy in their draft suits, i.e., just like Hoops.

If they got some guys in their new unis (photo shoot), why couldn't they get the rest of the guys?

The inserts are nice-looking, I got Marcus Thornton and Ricky Rubio.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this product. The base cards are nice, but the rookies are too far of a stretch, pull-wise vs. value-wise, for me to go crazy on them.

I did get triplicates of like Pau Gasol, Marcin Gortat and Corey Maggette, though — awesome!

Prestige blasters are notoriously bad...I won't even touch them when those 40% off stickers come out haha. Sorry about the luck!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE! - by buckunteer - 09-24-2012, 11:44 PM