`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 tins of 2011-12 UD The Cup - scans inside

RE: 3 tins of 2011-12 UD The Cup - scans inside
First of all, thank you to all for the comments, even the "Debbie Downers" out there...

(09-13-2012, 07:02 AM)arock99 Wrote: looks a lot like the hits you would get with Prime hockey but double the price

Trying soo hard not to start, but..

WHAT???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? I'm sorry, but Panini Prime is TRASH!!!! All it is is recycled, rehashed ideas stolen from other companies!!

Panini Prime quad jersey/autos = UD CUP Quad jersey/autos

Panini Prime jersey/patches that spell out something = OPC Premier jersey/patches that spell out something

Panini Prime auto'd letters = UD SPGU, UD BLACK - both with auto'd manufactured letters

Panini "Genuine" letters = UD SPGU, ITG Superlative - both with game worn letters off jerseys

Panini Prime NHL Shields = UD The CUP did it first looong ago

Panini Prime Meigray tags = ITG Superlative, ITG Ultimate Memorabilia

Panini Prime "Captains Cloth" = ITG Captains Calling "Captain's C"

Panini Prime "ReMARKables" = ITG ...almost anything. ITG uses auto'd stuff in thier products all the time, and don't make such a big deal out of it to make it a subset in itself..

Add to all of that the fact that Panini is even deeper into the business of redemptions than UD is. I've opened boxes of Limited and Prime where I've pulled 2-3 redemptions out of an 8 card box!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT defending UD CUP over anything Panini makes, just pointing out how insane that comment sounded to me..

(09-13-2012, 09:43 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: I think that the Cup is to big of a risk now. The price went up 150.00 from last year-- most I see are in the 550.00 dollar range and way to many redemptions for that price. Kinda risk being UD.

I totally agree. I did not have any idea there would be so much redemption involved in this product. As I mentioned earlier, I saw a customer crack a 6 tin case and pull at least one redemption in each tin, most fo which were his best hits.

As for the price, it is kinda crazy high now. However, I will say, I "locked in" early, and luckily didn't pay anywhere near the price it now sells at..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 tins of 2011-12 UD The Cup - scans inside - by jaykayzee - 09-14-2012, 08:21 AM