`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6th biggest card i have ever picked up for a customer

RE: 6th biggest card i have ever picked up for a customer
(06-16-2012, 07:23 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: They came in packs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzx4aJHOLHc9L9nzm8vZJ...t2ym29tv95]

im confused then,,,why arent considered widely as the first topps set? because the biggest players werent in them? (wasnt it about a 50 card set?)

okay, stop being lazy, josh:

52 card set.

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1951/topps-blue-backs/

<i>The cards in this 52-card set measure approximately 2" by 2 5/8". The 1951 Topps series of blue-backed baseball cards could be used to play a baseball game by shuffling the cards and drawing them from a pile. These cards (packaged two adjoined in a penny pack) were marketed with a piece of caramel candy, which often melted or was squashed in such a way as to damage the card and wrapper (despite the fact that a paper shield was inserted between candy and card). Blue Backs are more difficult to obtain than the similarly styled Red Backs. The set is denoted on the cards as "Set B" and the Red Back set is correspondingly Set A. The only notable Rookie Card in the set is Billy Pierce. </i>

and from the 52 topps set:

<i>The cards in this 407-card set measure approximately 2 5/8" by 3 3/4". <b>The 1952 Topps set is Topps' first truly major set. </b></i>

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6th biggest card i have ever picked up for a customer - by jacobystealshome - 06-16-2012, 07:46 PM