2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed]

RE: 2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed]
Box #8, pack #6

Jordan Walden RC base
Jake Hager prospects base
Collin Cowgill prospect auto
Taylor Jungmann prospect auto refractor /199
Hoby Milner USA relic

Comments: No drama in the last pack. Just4cards wins the "worst pack" contest and will be receiving a box filled with junk wax. Lridgey wins the Harper contest and will receive $50 in BV from this break. I will be contacting each backchannel to settle up.

Box #8 grade: D
Comments: The box started out with a lot of promise but then reverted to the duds I've seen all break long. It was clearly my second best box of the break, but I didn't get my investment back.

Case break grade: D
Comments: I paid $1719.95 for this case and probably got 70% back in value. That's a loss of about $500. Even had I hit a Harper auto I'd have been way behind. I do not recommend busting this product at current prices. In fact, prices are likely never to be low enough (say $1350) to justify a purchase. The card design is nice, and there are some good subjects, but you can get them more cheaply as singles. If you must break cases (like me), find another product. The silver lining for me is that I got just one case, and I can now buy singles to complete sets.

Thanks, everyone, for participating in the contest, and I'm looking forward to 2012 BC in the early Fall.
[Image: harper.jpg]
(05-01-2012, 06:38 PM)suzukmepa Wrote: You wanna trade for barney?

I think I'll need it for my set, but thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed] - by pyweed - 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM