RE: 2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed]
Box #8 box topper: Price/Jennings dual relic /196

Box, pack #1

Freddie Freeman RC refractor /199
John Lamb prospects base
Keenyn Walker prospects auto
Jake Hager prospect auto
Dustin Ackley RC dual relic xfractor /199

Comments: Would be nice if the box toppers were actually exciting to open. I like the first pack a lot, with value actually coming in the non-autos (the autos are scary bad). It's sort of what I imagined opening this product would be like, but on a pack by pack basis rather than once in a long while.
Box #8, pack #2

Alexi Ogando RC base
Shelby Miller prospects base
Trumbo/Belt dual auto EXCH
Brandon Nimmo prospect auto
Sonny Gray prospect auto
Josh Elander USA relic

Comments: Another pretty solid pack, this time on the strength of autos. No Harper.
Box #8, pack #3

Ben Revere RC base
Bryce Harper prospects base
Blake Swihart prospect auto
Nathan Eovaldi RC auto
David Lyon USA relic

Comments: Well, there you go. 44 packs into a 48 pack break and the first Harper appears. And yes -- someone picked box #8, pack #3. Tentative congratulations to lridgey, who takes the contest lead away from magneto2. I feel bad for magneto2, who looked to be a lock to win, but I'm kind of glad that lridgey is in the running, because I mistakenly posted earlier that lridgey was the tiebreak winner (with an impressive prediction of 101 Dickey pitches), when actually magneto2 was the tiebreak winner, whose prediction of 99 came first. So anyway, lridgey is now on the hook for the contest win, with three packs left. I'm unlikely to get another base Harper, but there is always the chance of a Harper auto or Harper parallel in the remaining packs. However, nobody picked packs 4 or 5, so the only danger to lridgey comes from the very last pack of the break. I might just wait until tonight to open the final pack, to heighten the drama.

Box #8, pack #4

Jerry Sands RC base
George Springer prospects base
Dan Vogelbach prospect auto
Blake Snell prospect auto EXCH
Craig Kimbrel RC relic

Comments: The textbook example of anticlimax.
Box #8, pack #5

Blake Beavan RC base
Trevor Bauer prospect refractor /199
Tyler Anderson prospect auto
Hector Noesi RC auto
Darwin Barney RC relic

Comments: I don't think I've seen Beavan or Barney before in this break. Always nice to see some new stuff in the last couple of packs. Okay, I'll wait until tonight to bust the last pack.
So lridgey wins if there is no Harper, motu79 wins (by tiebreak) if any Harper appears in the last pack. Good luck, and I'll be back later tonight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed] - by pyweed - 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM