`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1996 Derek Jeter Mirror Gold went for over $4,000.00

RE: 1996 Derek Jeter Mirror Gold went for over $4,000.00
(04-13-2012, 12:20 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Man this is your second post I have seen like this. You really need to realize Beckett is a guide. It is not the law or final judgement on a cards worth. There are only 30 of these cards from the era when the 1/1 did not exist. There are way more than 30 hard core Jeter collectors out there who intend to own every card ever printed of him for the beginning until 1996.

The Beckett is so far from accurate on the values of rare 1990s cards. They never update the guide on these cards.

I was once told Beckett believes these sales to be false truth. If every one of those cards surfaced they believe it would sell for a whole lot less so they will not adjust the guide to account for these type sales. This makes some sense, but the reality is they will not all ever surface.

Most are tucked deep in collector's private collections where they will stay. Many are owned by wealth enough people they have no need to sell. I think Beckett's belief is that if they adjust the guide then more will surface causing the price to drop back to reality.

Again, there is some truth to this I think. What I feel would help is to simply make reference t the sales of cards like these for a guide of what people should expect. Beckett used to do this and for whatever reason stopped.

Y'all are not even sure that all 30 have even been uncovered. Are you?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Derek Jeter Mirror Gold went for over $4,000.00 - by nolan5000 - 04-13-2012, 12:39 PM