`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS!

RE: MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS!
Man this is an awesome collection! Really like the Flickr page too!

Couple of comments: First I'm extremely jealous of those Quads with Favre. Congrats in landing one. I was literally a day late in owning one of those 2010 SPA Quads /3 myself. I was itching to bust something and decided to go down to the LCS and buy the rest of their 2010 SP Authentic - I think they had a box and maybe 2/3 of a box in packs. Knowing I'm a Favre guy the owner said I should have come in two days ago because a guy yesterday pulled that quad auto out of the packs. I got so deflated I left without buying anything, LOL!! After all lightning was not going to strike twice.

Secondly those Donruss Preferred Graded Series cards were inserted as box toppers in 2000 Donruss Preferred. So only 30 were graded as part of that but I'm not sure that affects the value since there are 300 total cards. My Favre-Marino-Elway Pen Pals auto from that set is a "Graded Series 1 of 2." So only 2 have that particular label but there are 18 others and it's "only" graded 8. I see yours is an 8.5. I think general feeling is who cares how limited the card is if the grade isn't all that special? I mean why make a big deal of a Graded Series box topper insert and not have the cards be at least Mint 9?
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS! - by uwash97 - 06-18-2014, 04:40 PM