`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your collecting passions?

RE: What are your collecting passions?
(04-06-2012, 09:55 AM)mjbuchanan80 Wrote: There are plenty of people that want to own cards of failed players. Set collectors...team collectors... LOTS of failed players in those sets. H*ll, there are plenty of people that player collect unknown guys (many of whom have "failed").

And sorry if you think I took the OP's words out of context, but " Will I be sitting on gold? Or was it a bad investment?" sounds like an investor to me.

(04-06-2012, 09:55 AM)mjbuchanan80 Wrote: There are plenty of people that want to own cards of failed players. Set collectors...team collectors... LOTS of failed players in those sets. H*ll, there are plenty of people that player collect unknown guys (many of whom have "failed").

And sorry if you think I took the OP's words out of context, but " Will I be sitting on gold? Or was it a bad investment?" sounds like an investor to me.

No, no... you didn't take words out of context at all. I'm just saying that I would probably post something similar as to the OP, but in my mind "gold mine" isn't neccesarily $$$, but more the excitement to show my boy... for instance having a Starlin Castro RC, which is his favorite player. But yes, if gold mine equals selling on the bay, you are spot on! Sorry to mix words.

Also, about the failed player bit. Sure if you are a set/team collector, you'll have plenty of "failed players" in your collection. And let's say you have a connection to a player for whatever reason (born in same town, like his name, went to your alma mater, or whatever), you obviously see much more in that player than "never made a 25 man". What I am saying, is that if I go to Target and buy a box of BDPP and pull a card (any card....base, auto, whatever) of some dude I've never heard of, have no connection to and failed to even reach the Triple A ball club, I'm not going to be real excited? But if I pull a card of a guy that turns into a perinial All Star, now I'm going to be pretty pumped.

You are correct on both accounts, I'm just trying to clarify my thoughts.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

Messages In This Thread
What are your collecting passions? - by sxfn4lf - 04-05-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by ryancholden - 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by afff - 04-08-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by mnc99 - 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM