`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards

RE: Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards
(03-08-2012, 04:49 PM)thesensman Wrote: Hi folks, i may be a new member to the forum but I am not new to collecting cards and game used hockey memorabilia (www.gameusedhockey.net). I also write a memorabilia column for canadianhockeyonline.ca and am hoping I can gather some support for a cause I am spearheading to stop the card companies from cutting up older jerseys.

I will be asking the NHL, NHLPA and the 3 major card companies (UD, Panini and ITG) to refrain from cutting up any jerseys that were worn prior to 1980. While we understand the card companies have a business to runn it is the older jerseys that truly are irreplaceable and since they have been cutting up so many over the last 10 years they likely still have a stock to continue to make cards for a few years to come.

I have reached out to the Hockey Hall of Fame, The Hockey News, Team Canada, and the Team USA hockey program for their support as well.

If you are interested in supporting this cause, please email me your name and email address to sensman11@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your support.

Send me all your MEM cards and Ill think about it
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hockey Card Collectors Against Jersey Cards - by Merovius - 03-10-2012, 12:06 AM