`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS vs PSA, but not the usual discussion

RE: BGS vs PSA, but not the usual discussion
Ive never had a problem with Beckett's subgrades, it actually helps in determining why that card got the overall grade that it did. I have seen and heard way too many people get their PSA cards back (see any psa mailday on youtube) and wonder why their card got an 8 instead of the 9 that they were hoping for.

As for half grades, well it looks like you are complaining based on pure asthetics alone, I myself would prefer the half grade higher than having just all 9s, that translates in to, you guessed it, a card in better condition. I know alot of people that actually look at particular subgrades for their collection such as others that collect the 1986-87 Fleer basketball set. A few people I have talked to wont add a card to their set if it has anything below a 10 on centering, or a 9.5 on corners and as we all know getting an overall 10 BGS grade from this set is almost impossible so people have to settle for better subgrades.

(03-04-2012, 11:23 PM)2011CLM Wrote: Call it complaining, crying, whining or whatever. Are you honestly telling me that you would prefer a 9.5/9/9/9 = 9 over 9/9/9/9 = 9? I am merely saying that given a choice, I would prefer that 9.5 be lowered to a 9 since the final grade is a 9 anyway. Reading at most of the BGS/BVG threads, and if I don't know any better, it almost look like you're the biggest stockholder of BGS Grading Services. How about letting other people write their opinion without you having a fit? Is that at all possible?

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Messages In This Thread
RE: BGS vs PSA, but not the usual discussion - by jchavestx - 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM