`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
(02-10-2012, 10:26 PM)hendu29 Wrote: I have one -- 1964 Topps Venezuelan Ken Boyer. I'm actually going to ship it with a bunch of other cards to SGC soon. Here is the front and back. The regular 64s have like an orangish back while the Venezuelans have a black back. I also provided a sample of the regular 64s.
[Image: BoyerFront.jpg][Image: BoyerBack.jpg]

And here is the regular back:

[Image: Boyerregularback.jpg]

Cool, thanks for the post. I believe that grading Venezuelans is pretty justifiable. The populations are always pretty low across the grading companies and just plain scarce no matter the condition.

The good thing about the 64s is that it's pretty clear that they are different from the regular Topps set because of the black backs. I bought a 1960 low grade PSA Whitey Ford that was labeled as a Venezuelan. Apparently PSA knew as little as I did about 1960 Venezuelans because it turns out, it is not. There's no evidence of case tampering, they just missed it. It has a cream colored back instead of gray. A couple of knowledgeable collectors in Venezuela told me that the backs on the 60s are only gray. To PSA's defense, a clear answer as to whether 1960 Venezuelans are gray or cream backed is not found anywhere on the web in any old or new Beckett guides, which I learned after hours of searching. I plan to contact PSA to see if there's any recourse. Fortunately, I did not pay a lot for the card.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any? - by coimbre 21 - 02-10-2012, 11:49 PM