`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.36 Average
Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?

RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?
(01-02-2012, 12:39 PM)wmrklemm78 Wrote: And what is the result of the boosted muscles... the ability to run faster.

Look at it this way... if they didn't help a person run faster, then why would they disqualify a person for using them? They do so because it creates an unfair advantage - the ability to out=perform the competition because of steroids/HGH which was produced outside the athlete's body.

Remember... prescription steroids are LEGAL to use in this country. Ever wonder why people who have Tommy John surgery come back stronger? I think a lot of the reason is because athletes are legally prescribed steroids to aide in the recovery process.

Yes the boosted muscles help you run faster, but what I was saying is that you already have to be up at that elite level. You already have to have the skills and the technique, for steroids to have the impact you want to have.
I was just arguing the common believed myth that if you take steroids you turn into a super athlete. For example: I decide to take steroids to become a faster swimmer to join the Olympic team, the fact that I am an awful swimmer the steroids will not help me at all.

I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine? - by ThomasAA23 - 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM