`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED]
That Ichiro may end up being the best card in the case once you sell it...or top 3 anyway.

(10-20-2011, 10:28 AM)pyweed Wrote: Case #1, Box #10

Gold refractor /50: Brody Colvin
Throwback refractor /99: Tony Sanchez
Prospect auto: Matt Moore

Comments: Wow, those throwback refractors are numbered pretty low. I gather the Bowman’s Best also have very low numbered refractors, as I haven’t seen any yet. Nice auto, nice gold.

Case #1, Box #11

Prospect refractor /500: Cotton Cain
Blue refractor /150: David Ortiz
Throwback international xfractor /25: Ichiro Suzuki
Blue refractor prospect auto: Kendrick Perkins

Comments: The xfractor is all little squares and the reverse of the card is in Japanese. Pretty freaking cool. Nice blue auto too. The orange refractor in box #1 is still the lowest numbered prospect auto, so Carpenter’s 87 pitches puts in the lead. predicted 89 pitches (the first of two contestants to do so), an impressive prophecy that puts him just one box away from being the contest winner.

Case #1, Box #12

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Parker
Blue refractor /150: Corey Hart
Prospect auto: David Bromberg

Comments: One case down. I lost all Internet while busting this first case, which was really frustrating because I was at the final two tables of a poker tournament with a couple hundred entries. As I write this I still don’t know if I somehow squeaked into the final table on auto-fold. There were 13 players left when my Internet went, with 9 to be seated at the final table (which constitutes the next pay level). I had blinds and antes enough for four complete orbits but I was only in 7th or 8th overall, so it’s probably wishful thinking. But damn – I had a decent shot at going deep. Anyway, I’m typing all this in hopes that I can load up four boxes’ worth of posts before I go to bed.

I’ll start tracking eBay prices pretty soon. The prices aren’t anywhere close to stable and won’t be for some time, but I’m hoping that by the time I end my break I’ll be able to evaluate where I stand with this break. My sense is that I did pretty well with the first case, but not amazingly well. Yes, the superfractor is beautiful, but its cash value is quite modest. I got some solid autos, but not amazing autos. If I have to grade this case market-blind, I’ll say B. Your input and appraisal are quite welcome.

Congratulations to our contest winner, johnxgodfree!!. A former champion, correct? Please PM me with your mailing address and I’ll get your monster chrome lot out in the mail immediately. While I’m waiting for the Internet to come back I’ll go scan a couple of the more interesting cards. Good night all. Oh, BTW – Thursday I’ll post the new contest info, but I may not be able to bust much until Friday because Thursday is a real mess with my work schedule.

--Internet back up this morning. No time for replies or a postscript. Later tonight.

[Image: case1.jpg]

Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED] - by cmccart8 - 10-20-2011, 02:50 PM