`
 (Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:
 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
07-26-2011, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2011 09:53 AM by xstreaminsanity.)
Post: #68
RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
(07-26-2011 09:35 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote:  There are several ways to pack search, and almost all of them involve some illegal activity. Sure you might be able to come up with a legal way (some high tech xray machine or something), but in general the methods employed by pack searchers selling hot pack are illegal. If you want to argue that, bring it on as I prosecute these types of crimes every day. And even if you can find a method that isn't illegal, it is still morally reprehensible and damaging to the hobby. And if you argue it doesn't damage the hobby you are insane.

So defend it all you want, but 90% of all pack searching IS illegal and the other 10% is just as bad. So I am not making a single assumption about anyone engaged in the dealing of hot packs. They are scum.

Believe me, I agree wholeheartedly, I was just simply saying that some ways are and some ways aren't illegal. I believe people who pack search should be banned from the hobby (if only it were possible). Smile
(07-26-2011 09:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  my final word is this:

everyone acknowledges that some forms of pack searching IS illegal. if you dont know which hot packs are gained by illegal or legal methods, than any hot packs purchased or sold support the business of ILLEGAL pack searching

period

Agreed.
(07-26-2011 09:45 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:  Sorry, but I ain't spending that kind of money for a strand of hair. That just ain't happening.

It's a cool collectible because of what all happened and how JFK died so suddenly, but not for me.

Also, it pisses me off that this guy is the one selling it. I hate hot packs. I have bought 1 ever. It was at a show in Dallas last year. I just wanted to see what all the fuss and commotion was about because the sellers behind the booth were opening them and hitting autos, multi-color swatches, etc. So, I left their table and went and opened my pack and got a common 1 color JSY. Paid $5 for that POS and it pissed me the hell off.

I ain't doing no more hot packs. They suck and it should be criminal!

Agreed. And sorry for your experience.
I'd like to ask your guys' opinions, just to see them, on this scenario. I know some of you also collect basketball and this is the only example I can come up with so I apologize if you've never seen it or experienced it. On rack packs of 2008-09 Upper Deck, the back of the rack pack was designed to specifically show what two Wal-Mart exclusive inserts were in there (2008-09 Upper Deck Team MVPs). Do you find it wrong or reprehensible if someone were to chose the 7th pack in the row because they saw that it had a LeBron James card rather than the others that had second rate players?

MODERATOR


TOS-Read it
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,717+ diff Pistons cards

Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than... - xstreaminsanity - 07-26-2011 09:50 AM

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)