`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?
02-26-2011, 02:21 PM
RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
I was too young to remember my first, but my most memorable was a Dave Winfield homer at old Tiger Stadium in the early 90's. Hands down the hardest hit ball I have ever seen. It was a solid lined rope crushed into the left field upper deck and the ball was still climbing when it hit the seat or whatever it hit. ( I was in left field lower deck) I've never seen a ball hit with that kind of velocity, it was astounding. The ball never arced at all like most home runs. It hit something so hard it sounded like it broke whatever it was. The entire crowd gasped all at once as the ball came off his bat so hard it seemed like a split second from the crack of the bat to the smash of the impact. And Travis Fryman and Cecil Fielder hit back-to-back homers in the same game - both in almost the exact same spot about 30 feet to my left. Awesome game!

****TRADING FOR AND BUYING UNSCRATCHED, EXPIRED AUTOGRAPH REDEMPTIONS FROM ANY UPPER DECK PRODUCTS (INCLUDING FLEER, ETC.) MUST BE FROM ONE OF THE FOUR MAJOR SPORTS****
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it? - evolb909 - 02-26-2011 02:21 PM