`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking 4 a card / how Beckett prices???

RE: looking 4 a card / how Beckett prices???
(01-15-2015, 09:41 PM)djohn Wrote: I don't think we disagree as much as it might appear. When it comes to higher end cards, I agree that they sell way better in person than on eBay. However overall the vast majority of cards are not higher-end. If we talk about non-vintage cards that book for $10 or less than I would be shocked if you are still saying that you can sell them for full book value. Yes, some of them will still sell for full book and in some case higher than book value, but the MAJORITY of them will not even come close. If we can't agree on at least that, then I was wrong about our level of disagreement.

I agree with you 100% on this. I'm sure you can find all lower end cards at a great discount because let's face it, they are a dime a dozen. I'm not arguing that at all. But I'm not in low end and I'd move lower end cards for less cash because they are less desirable and a pain to keep around. My issue on this site is I constantly have people quoting me a (usually single) ebay sale on a new $500+ card in an offer. Or, giving me the lone sale on ebay on a card numbered to /10 as if that's the industry standard. They'll do all the "research" on your card and not bother to do the same for theirs. I literally just had someone send an offer for a 1/1. They gave me recent sales for similar cards of the player. Year, make, etc. I was okay with this. It's a 1/1 so it's hard to evaluate, but they had good examples. Lets say the ebay number we came up with was $150. I asked for 3 cards with ebay sales that totaled well below $150. They immediately responded they couldn't do it because book value was at about $180 on the 3 cards. These cards weren't special. How do you counter that other than to cancel? Anyway, I guess the only thing that matters is if someone is happy with their trades and sales. If it works for them, more power to them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking 4 a card / how Beckett prices??? - by Hofcollector - 01-15-2015, 10:41 PM