`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graded Cards - Sellers Question

Graded Cards - Sellers Question
I have a question for anyone that sells on ebay. I am only really in the marked for graded cards but this question can apply to non-graded as well.

I sell cards on ebay from time to time primarily when I update a card in my PC. Normally, I look the card up in the online price guide and list my card beginning well below the value given if auction or if I list it as a Purchase now I may try to sell it for as high as book value with a best offer option and free shipping.....I feel this is pretty fair after all it is ebay.

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out the logic other sellers use. With graded cards there really is no guess work for condition so coming up with a fair price should be easy. I don't really deal with new cards so card values fluctuate very little. I was looking at an old card that the online price guide shows it to be valued between $15-$30. The card was listed at almost $100 or best offer.

Do you think they are counting on someone not having any idea of the value of this card and not doing any research to see what it's been selling at? Or do you think they figure if they start high and someone trys to lo-ball that they may get book value?

It all seems like a silly waste of time to me and I just wondered what others thought or better yet if you do this....what is the rationalle behind it.

Thanks
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by dmasci - 09-04-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by dmasci - 09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by dmasci - 09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by bamyanks - 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by TaToRz - 09-19-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Graded Cards - Sellers Question - by dmasci - 09-20-2013, 12:51 PM