`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football

I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football
Hey guys, I just busted a couple of blasters of 2013 Archives ... pulled RGIII in one box and Luck in the other, plus my two main Lions PC guys in Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford, so I was pretty pleased.

One very weird thing, I'm sure you guys have noticed too ... all of the packaging says it's a 2013 product, the copyright on the back of the cards says it's a 2013 product, but the guys like RGIII and Luck still have their college stats on the back and no pro stats.

Soooo ... I know a couple of years ago (?) Upper Deck or somebody got in trouble for putting out the previous year's product in like May or June of the next year (?), so I'm guessing it's a licensing thing ...

But technically the RGIII and Luck cards wouldn't be considered RCs then, right?

And if they knew it was going to be a 2013 product, why not just wait until they could update all the 2012 "rookies" and give themselves some time to put the new 2013 guys in there?

Fun break, just very odd timing ...

Messages In This Thread
I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football - by rjcj2017 - 05-13-2013, 10:11 PM