`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
zunino plate / how many 2012 sterling baseball left? (finder's reward :)
Star 
zunino plate / how many 2012 sterling baseball left? (finder's reward :)
although a 28-year beckett customer almost since the very start of the monthlies in 1984, this is actually my first real post in "forums," so pls bear with me if i'm not posting in the right place, etc... basically i collected heavily as a "kid" for many years through the 80's/90's and have recently re-entered heavily as an adult and not yet fully up to speed. looking for advice on a particular... as many folks seem to be, i'm also quite in love with 2012 bowman sterling baseball (and 2012 baseball five star as well, btw) and i'd like to get ahold of the last printing plate (magenta) for zunino's autograph cards in that set. the cyan, yellow, black sold on ebay for $250-ish for colors and $400 for black, and i'd definitely pay cash above $250 for the magenta.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=zuni...Complete=1

i'm guessing that folks pulling the zunino autograph plates would almost certainly put them on ebay because of the zunino-fever/notoriety as "the highest bv prospect in sterling / bowman prospects" or whatever, since they'd assume they could get something for it as opposed to not bothering listing most other plates because they're generally undesirable. unless of course the person who pulled it happens to actually want to hang on to it for pc (unlikely). for those reasons, i'm assuming that that magenta plate likely remains unopened out there somewhere (thoughts on likelihood???). so other than that, my question is two-fold - first, obviously if anyone's got that particular plate or have heard of it having been pulled, seen it at a show, etc., please let me know because i'd love to have a shot at negotiating for it. more likely it's unopened, so my real question is... what is the consensus of how many 2012 sterling boxes there were, and how many remain unopened at this point? it seems like there were about 10,500 - 11,000 boxes total (thoughts???). from my best extrapolation, they seem to have been broken quite more rapidly than your typical set's boxes - only like 20-30 on ebay now, for example. seems perhaps 9000 broken and 2000 left (thoughts based on your own extrapolations???).

i guess finally would be if anyone knows of shared box breaks going on for 2012 sterling boxes, i'd appreciate being pointed to them so as to possibly optimize my investment towards finding such a particular target. (help???)

thanks in advance for your time and for any help or opinions! happy to compensate anyone who's involved in me ultimately getting a hold of that plate, seriously. and thanks all for kindly welcoming me to "forums!"

best,
andyofandyland
andy@andyland.com
Andy Schön

Messages In This Thread
zunino plate / how many 2012 sterling baseball left? (finder's reward :) - by andyofandyland - 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM